Any TC 55da owners running a Rotary Tiller

/ Any TC 55da owners running a Rotary Tiller #1  

meledward23

Gold Member
Tractor
1025R
I am looking at purchasing one and was wondering if any of you other 55 owners had one, how large you went and if you have expereinced any problems or have any great things to say.

/ Any TC 55da owners running a Rotary Tiller #2  
I asked my NH dealer about this... he actually said to stay away from the NH tiller... his view was that they were overpriced and/or under-engineered. He recommended a Kuhn... they have some pretty heavy-duty units for around $4K. Not sure if he gets a better commission from Kuhn, but I am interested to hear other opinions as I still haven't bought a tiller. I think discs might be a better way to go... but it depends what you're trying to grow.

/ Any TC 55da owners running a Rotary Tiller #3  
I have a friend that has several JD tractors in the 55hp range. He has a a kuhn, can't remember if it was a 6' or 7' but he has had really good luck with it. He is really really tough on equipment too.

/ Any TC 55da owners running a Rotary Tiller
My dealer also recommends the Kuhn.
I am looking at getting a 7' was curious if any 55 owners had any problems with that size tiller. I am looking at CMC tillers as they are much more reasonably priced. And being able to get the tiller with 100 hp gear box is nice because my brother wants to borrow this tiller with his 85 Tractor.

/ Any TC 55da owners running a Rotary Tiller #5  
I have a MASCHIO that’s Made in ITALY 72” very well made has off set for underneath fence lines Got a real good deal on it approximately $3200.00 & listed for over $4000.00 “Thanks Again Mike “ covers my wheels your the one that flipped your wheels if I retain information right so to cover yours you’ll need a bigger one but my TC 55 Tills excellent with the loader off was This is my 3rd tiller and buy far the best 1st was a NH 2nd A BEFFCO good luck

/ Any TC 55da owners running a Rotary Tiller #6  
I bought a NH tiller at the same time I bought my tractor in 2000. The only problem I've had was a broken door hinge.. and that was after 5 planting seasons.. it was welded and is good as new. I even came across a solid steel rod that the tiller wrapped around the tines nicely.. it shut the engine down on the tractor.. slip clutch didn't slip.

I believe the model is 105A.. the only thing I've wondered about is.. I see yellow paint.. under the blue.