FEL Problem

/ FEL Problem #1  

rjanko

Tractor
TC33DA w/SS
After spending a nice 6 hours of alone time bush hogging on Sunday... made sure to tell the wife how rough it was ... decided I would move some tree trunks I cut cown previously. Bottom line... the FEL would nor curl past level... and sometimes would not cycle at all. Is this possibly a hydraulic fluid problem... I have not seen any problems up until now... with lots of FEL and BH work.

Thanks Rich

/ FEL Problem #2  
Rich,

I am going to ask the dumb question since you didn't say you checked it, but did you check the level. Does the loader raise up and down ok? is your Back hoe on that you check the cylinders out on them. Other wise you could have a valve sticking also. I am also sure others will chime in here with other questions.

Did you have the loader and bucket on while Brushhogging or did you put it on after? If you just put it on then check your hoses to make sure they are connected tight.

murph

/ FEL Problem
I had removed the backhoe, connected and used a box blade, and then went to the bush hog. Other than some maneuvering while I was bush hogging I did not use the FEL until I encountered the problem. Sometimes it will cycle all the way down... and then some times it has problems cycling at all.

Thanks Rich

/ FEL Problem
Sorry... answer to your other question... loader raises just fine... curl is only problem.

Thanks Rich

/ FEL Problem #5  
Check your hose coupler connectors on the front loader. It might have hit something and dislocated them a bit.

/ FEL Problem #6  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Sorry... answer to your other question... loader raises just fine... curl is only problem.
)</font>

Your problem is your quick connect fittings for the curl circuit. You did not get them seated properly when you re-installed your loader. Just disconnect and reseat them properly and the problem will go away.

Essentially, one hose is connected and one is not. That's why the loader curl tries to move, but can't move far because of the hydraulic lock caused by the other connector not being seated. This is a pretty common problem and very frustrating until you see how simple it is to fix. It happened to me and has happened to lots of other folks too.

/ FEL Problem #7  
I had the same thing happen to me on the TC24DA once. One of the quick couplings on the FEL had come off.

/ FEL Problem
I didn't remove the FEL, but it's definitely possible I jarred something when I went into the stump/branch pile. Thanks to all for the advice... will take a look this weekend to confirm the answer... rough week ahead /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

/ FEL Problem #9  
I guess I assumed that when you were mowing you took your FEL off. Anyway, my quick-connect came loose in the middle of doing a FEL job for a neighbor. I just happened to notice one quick connect slightly less seated. I reseated it and everything was fine. I'm sure that's your problem too.

/ FEL Problem
I left the FEL on because... ummm... the pasture has been neglected since I was doing all the clearing work and didn't want to take the backhoe off, some parts were three feet tall. Good thing I did, it found the 12" log... but the six inch one sure made a racket when I ran over it.

Confirmed tonight you were right; reseated the line and everything is fine now.

Thanks again to all...

rich