Discount Prices on Filters

/ Discount Prices on Filters #1  

Anonymous Poster

Anybody found a good discount source for filters (TC40D)? Creeping up on the 50 hr mark - time to think about maintenance duties - don't think my dealer will cut me a deal.

/ Discount Prices on Filters #2  
Figure out how much you payed for your tractor and now think do you really want to skimp on filters? If you save a couple dollars on a discount filter that doesn't do as good a job do you really save. I trust the equipment NH sells for their tractors because they don't want to do a lot of warranty repair so they sell quality filters and fluids. If you buy them in bulk it is a lot cheaper, that is how we do it usually by the case and it cuts the cost a lot.

<font color=blue>Robert Turk Jr.</font color=blue>
<font color=blue>Whitetail Splendor Deer Farms</font color=blue>
<font color=blue>Silver Creek, NY</font color=blue>

/ Discount Prices on Filters
Guess I didn't make myself very clear. I not looking to skimp on the quality of filters (so save the sermon). I was interested in OEM filters at a better-than-retail price. As an example, I have a Ford PowerStroke - the dealer wants $43 for a fuel filter....I found the identical filters on the internet for $14.

The oil, fuel, and air are fairly reasonable at a New Holland dealer. the only ones that seem out of line are the hydraulic filters. The hydro is not too bad but the regular hydraulic filter is up there. The New Holland part number for this filter is SBA340500850 and is around 53.00 at little trick you can use is to tell your dealer that you want a sba340500730 filter. These filter are identical the only difference is the color the 730 cost about 5.00 less than the 850 filter. I guess new holland figures that gray paint on the 850 filter cost more to put on it.

Check with your local car parts supplier. If they're any good, they can cross the NH numbers to a wix filter. Better filters and usually cheaper price. NH doesn't make there own filters.

/ Discount Prices on Filters #6  
When you get that wix number, it is a good idea to write it down. Once upon a time, I walked into a parts store that I had never been in before and told the lady behind the counter that I wanted a couple of Wix (part no.). She smiled, went to the shelf,set them on the counter, and charged me rock bottom price. It had nothing to do with my charm; it was because she didn't have to look it up and ask me some more questions about the machine while other customers waited.
- Stan

/ Discount Prices on Filters #7  
Re: Discount Price on WIX filters

Hi, guys. You can go to "http://www.wixfilters.com/" and look up wix's number for any applacation. Most of the auto parts stores around here have a good supply of filters for tractors and heavy construction equipment, even if they do not know it....

/ Discount Prices on Filters #8  
Pat, you are so right.. The last time I looked John Deere, NH,Case and most all equipment makers Do Not make there own filters, they have better things to do with their time, so they buy from a filter manufacturer... and in most all cases you can buy that same filter from the same manufacturer or their jobers for a lot less than the dealer....

/ Discount Prices on Filters #9  
Hey guys read what Pat has posted, he does not want to sacrifice quality. NH filters are made buy fleetguard filters in Cookeville Tn. Cut a NH or a fleetguard filter open and then a wix and compare the construction materials and quality.. Don't sacrifice your tractor to save a few bucks! Then go to your dealer and ask if you were to buy a season's worth of filters at one time if he could cut you a deal or ask if he sells filters on a discount during a open house. Plan ahead it will save you money.

Right. No compromise on quality. That's why we all are saying Wix because it is an outstanding, good quality filter. Cut one open and compare it to a fleetguard. What other labels does fleetguard put on their filters?