TC33 Stalled - Won't Start

/ TC33 Stalled - Won't Start #1  

rmlucasco

Tractor
New Holland TC33Da
TC33 Stalled - Won\'t Start

My TC33 stalled on me while cutting some heavy brush. It has stalled before but this time it refuses to start. The engine turns over but it doesn't fire. The fuel was low but just over the "low" mark. It has 58 hours and is due for it's first service. I was going to take it to the dealer this week but I can't get it on the trailer. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif Any likely causes / remedies?????

/ TC33 Stalled - Won't Start #2  
Re: TC33 Stalled - Won\'t Start

Problems that start while cutting heavy brush often involve wires disconnected below the tractor. However, the fact that your tractor is turning over essentially eliminates the possibility of a safety interlock system wiring/fuse failure.

If a diesel turns over and doesn't start, it is a fuel delivery problem. Did a branch spring up and push the fuel shutoff lever? Fuel filter housing cracked? However, since your fuel is "low", I'd put more fuel in the tank, and bleed out the injectors. You can't trust a fuel gauge.

/ TC33 Stalled - Won't Start #3  

Ditto, Ditto, Ditto,

The fuel gauge onmy NH 7610s is a gout as acurate as a mind reader on TV... In other words.. I 'look' down into the tank to see how much fuel I've got.

I HAVE run out of fuel with 1/8 tank showing on the gauge!

Refill with fuell.. bleed water traps.. bleed pump.. try to restart.. if it won't .. try bleeding injectors.. look for fuel bubbles. Be safe.. don't get around pressurized diesel..

Soundguy

/ TC33 Stalled - Won't Start

</font><font color="blueclass=small">( Problems that start while cutting heavy brush often involve wires disconnected below the tractor. However, the fact that your tractor is turning over essentially eliminates the possibility of a safety interlock system wiring/fuse failure.

If a diesel turns over and doesn't start, it is a fuel delivery problem. Did a branch spring up and push the fuel shutoff lever? Fuel filter housing cracked? However, since your fuel is "low", I'd put more fuel in the tank, and bleed out the injectors. You can't trust a fuel gauge.

)</font>

Valve & housing were fine. I didn't have time to bleed the system and at the point where the needle is I should have had close to 2 gallons. I'll fuel up & bleed if I don't find anything else wrong.

The dealer said to check the solonoid on the fuel pump. There may be a wire loose there. I was going through some pretty rough stuff. If I can't fix it I'll have the dealer pick it up. It was due for service and an upgrade anyway.

Thanks

/ TC33 Stalled - Won't Start #5  

Check fuel at the filter..

Soundguy

/ TC33 Stalled - Won't Start #6  

Fill the tank up as much as you can. Then make sure your valve is open. Then open the little bolt on the injector itself. I think it takes a 9mm wrench and then turn the tractor over a couple of times. It may start so be ready to shut off right away. Then close the bolt and you should be off and running.

murph

/ TC33 Stalled - Won't Start #8  

Underneath, check the emergency brake connector. If still plugged in unplug it a couple times to work out any corrosion, but I think you will find it came disconected by the brush. If disconected the starter will turn over but it will never start cause there is no power to the fuel solenoid. Good luck Frank

/ TC33 Stalled - Won't Start

FYI, the wire on the fuel pump solenoid was disconnected. I did't even see it at first because it's located behind the fuel filter. Thanks for all the suggestions. I'll have my bases covered next time.