ford 800 carb problem

/ ford 800 carb problem #1  

indebt

Bronze Member
I have a ford 800 that quit running yesterday. I looked down and fuel was running out of the carb, any idea what could be wrong. I have not pulled it off the tractor yet.

/ ford 800 carb problem #2  
If you don't have a leak in the fuel line coming to the carb, I'd bet it's a stuck float or the float valve is so gummed up it won't shut off the fuel to the carb bowl. In some instances the float will get a pinhole in it and then it's time to replace the whole float and probably put in a carb kit at the same time.

You might be able to solder a pinhole closed (if indeed that is your problem), but you'd likely spend more "frustration" bucks than the whole kit would cost. Your local New Holland dealer should have the parts you need.

/ ford 800 carb problem #3  
It very well may be a stuck float valve. Tap gently on the float area of the carborator with the wooden handle of a hammer. That should unstick the float. or if that don't work, shut off the gas shut off and run engine until it runs the float bowl dry then repeat the tapping on the carburator at the float bowl area. Then turn gas back on and see if gas still spills out, if it does then you need to take carb apart, if it does not spill out it shoud be ok for a while. Run some "gum out" in your next tank of gas and you will have "fixed" it. Frank

/ ford 800 carb problem #4  
Jinman and Farm beat me to the answer.! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Soundguy

/ ford 800 carb problem
Thanks for the reply. I will look at it tonight .A stuck float sounds about right.