Snow Snow Blower 1320

/ Snow Blower 1320 #1  

SRF34

Yeah I Know, we are still in the dog days of August but its never too early to think about snow. Any suggestions on size, brand for a 3pt snow blower for a NH 1320. Only have 19hp and the Class 0 hitch but want to at least cover the the rear wheel tracks. Appreciate the advice. Thanks.

/ Snow Blower 1320 #2  
I have a 1300 Ford 2wd 16 hp with a 60 inch Allied snowblower. I live in the snow belt south of Lake Erie in Erie County PA and we get a lot of snow. Well over 100 inches the last several years. My tractor handled all the snow I got with out much trouble. The only thing I wish I had was 2 stage clutch. I have 3 foward gears and 4 speed rearend which gives me 4 reverse gears. I usually blow snow in reverse 1 or 2 and it works pretty good. I could use a little more hp but I get it done. I have a 350 driveway and a 30 X 40 turnaround.
Works for me.

Ken /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Snow Blower 1320 #3  
I have a 60" Ford 3PH blower I use with a 1910. I think it is 29 PTO HP. It depends on how wet and how deep it is. I have let wet snow get 15" deep and it loads up the 1910 enough to slow down from my normal speed. You can hear the engine working. You can do it but you'll just have to move at a speed your engine can handle.

This year I'll be putting the blower on an L3400 HST. I am looking forwad to having HST so I can adjust blowing speed easily and come flying back up the driveway with no gear changes. I only blow in one direction because of wind.