Busted! Broke my 757C BH bucket hose!

/ Busted! Broke my 757C BH bucket hose! #1  

lhfarm

Veteran Member
Tractor
NH TC40DA
I just scheduled my 50 hr service. The dealer is picking up the tractor Tuesday. I was digging a trench for my barn clean-up sink drain today. Not sure what happened. I was very close to a tree and suddenly got a shower of fluid. The swivel snaped on the top of the bucket hose attachement. I was watching the hole, so didn't see if I hit a branch or the tree. But it was a mess.
I took the tractor to the house and gave it a wash with some car soap. but it got a good dose of hydraulic fluid. Anyone have any cleanup suggestions.
Called the dealer and told him I need it have it fixed. Not sure what this one will cost me.
The really bad news is that I was at the end of the trench. Tried finishing it by hand. Now remember why I have a BH /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

/ Busted! Broke my 757C BH bucket hose! #2  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Anyone have any cleanup suggestions. )</font>

Castrol SuperClean (or one of its clones) in a spray bottle is the best I've found for cutting both grease and oil. Don't let it sit too long on painted surfaces though. It does its job in about 30 seconds with light rubbing before you rinse it off.

Sorry about your hose, but that's just something that will happen from time-to-time on almost any piece of equipment. I do think that the OEM hoses are pretty cheap, one-wire hoses.

/ Busted! Broke my 757C BH bucket hose! #3  
Barry we have broken many a hydraulic hose on our BH and it's really not a lot of work to change out a damaged hose on any part of the BH. I take the hoses to a local hydraulic shop since they are closer than the NH dealer and they treat me right as far as price is concerned.

Also found that almost any liquid dish detergent mixed with water will clean up the mess pretty well.

/ Busted! Broke my 757C BH bucket hose! #4  
Are you sure you didn't just break the fitting that goes into the cylinder? I backed into a tree and did that on my 758c a couple of weeks ago. At first I thought it was the hose too. I bought two just in case, then a couple days later a branch I didn't see snapped the one off the cylinder on the outrigger. Put in the spare, and right back in business. It wouldn't hurt to keep a couple around, as there are 14 on our machines. They are 3/8" JIC37 X 3/8" o-ring.

/ Busted! Broke my 757C BH bucket hose! #5  
I've broken a few lines and couplers on my 759... now I have a drawer full of spare hydraulic fittings for all over my rig.

I called Pirtek once when I was time-crunched... they fix *any* hydraulic hose in the field. They charged around $250 to completely replace both of my boom lift hoses after crushing them against a boulder. Not too bad a price considering they were done about 2 hours after I called them and they had to drive all the way out into my field to find me. Their hoses and fittings are clearly more heavy duty than any OEM products as well. I'll certainly use them again in a pinch, but lots of places can make up hoses and sell you fittings.

/ Busted! Broke my 757C BH bucket hose!
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Are you sure you didn't just break the fitting that goes into the cylinder? I backed into a tree and did that on my 758c a couple of weeks ago. At first I thought it was the hose too. I bought two just in case, then a couple days later a branch I didn't see snapped the one off the cylinder on the outrigger. Put in the spare, and right back in business. It wouldn't hurt to keep a couple around, as there are 14 on our machines. They are 3/8" JIC37 X 3/8" o-ring. )</font>

You were right and saved the weekend! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif I took a closer look and you can see the break in the picture. Made a trip to the dealer and he doesn't stock parts, but his supplier was just up the road. I picked up a spare while I was there. Back running in 5 minutes.
Saved by this board again! Sure glad I posted this note.

Attachments

• 722356-coupler.jpg
    722356-coupler.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 173
   / Busted! Broke my 757C BH bucket hose! #7  
Yup, xactly the same thing I did. Mine happened because I forgot to put the transport latch on when I went to move some dirt and the backhoe dropped. Mine drops so fast I have to latch it every time I get off the bh. I'm going to check with the dealer to see if this is normal. Not a big thing as long as I remember.

/ Busted! Broke my 757C BH bucket hose! #8  
It's not normal for your BH to drop that quickly; it should stay up for a heck of a long time. Mine will only drop slightly after a few days; I almost never use the transport pin.

I'd say you have a leaky boom cylinder. They're really easy to fix; just pop the cylinder off and take it in to the dealer to get rebuilt. Shouldn't cost more than $40-50, if that.

/ Busted! Broke my 757C BH bucket hose! #9  
It's only a month old, and I called the dealer Saturday, he said something is definitely out of whack and they will take care of it.