TC33D Glow Plug Timer

/ TC33D Glow Plug Timer #11  
I just put new ignition switch on because that too was screwed up and started turning real hard. It wasnt that. Im getting the relay and hope it works. Thanks!

mike

/ TC33D Glow Plug Timer #12  
I would think it an easy task to pull the timer and bench check it. I have what I believe to be a timer on its way out and that's how I'll determine which part actually needs replaced.

I can't imagine these timers to be all that different from model to model. I can supply the test proceedure if you need it.

/ TC33D Glow Plug Timer #13  
PineRidge said:
I can supply the test proceedure if you need it.

Supply it!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks, Bob

/ TC33D Glow Plug Timer
Yes, it’s probably worth a try, unless the problem is intermittent, as mine was.

/ TC33D Glow Plug Timer #15  
This covers the Class IIIs, see if it will apply to your timer.

Attachments

• timer.jpg
    timer.jpg
    139.4 KB · Views: 1,137
   / TC33D Glow Plug Timer #16  
I ordered the glow plug timer and got it here. I ordered the part number listed here. I was expecting something else even though it may be what i need. I was looking on my tractor behind fuse panel with side cover off there a 3 or 4 black square 1" by 1" plugs that just plug into a board. they are all right in a row. one of them clicks when my glow light comes off and on so i thought that was it. On my tractor is said Bosch. the part i got is a little bigger and says NGK and doesnt plug into that spot that i thought so where does it go? Whats the scoop? 2003 Tc 33D

Mike

/ TC33D Glow Plug Timer #17  
Sounds to me like you may have purchased one of the relays instead of the timer. :(

/ TC33D Glow Plug Timer #18  
The inch by inch Bosch black "plug in thing" you are refering to is your relay. It should have the amps stamped on the top of it. i am thinking the timer is rectangled shaped but could be wrong.

Roto said:
My light is screwed up and im thinking of getting this timer(relay)(controller)(whatever) is it the the bosch plug in thing thats about 1" by1" and just plugs in? Thats what i hear clicking on mine and glow light does not stay on long enough now and random comes on and off.

Mike

/ TC33D Glow Plug Timer #19  
Well i put the glow timer in and it seems to work. I need more time to really see if that was the problem but so far it seems that was it. that bosch thing was doing all the clicking so i thought that was it but evidentally not. the timer must have made it click. thanks for all the info.

Mike

/ TC33D Glow Plug Timer
I had a time getting the dealer to order the right part. I'm pretty sure the part number I posted is correct. I think maybe they changed suppliers.