Tires tire pressures

/ tire pressures #1  

Lablue

Tractor
New Holland TC35D
I am taking my TC35D back down to help clear trees in one of the hard-hit areas from Katrina (near Slidell). I was there 2 weeks ago & was running constantly over
large branches, small logs, etc. I got to thinking about my tire pressures so I checked them. 25 PSI front 16 PSI
rear. I notice the front max. pressures on the sidewall
are up to 45 PSI but can't seem to find the rear sidewall
label. I'm wondering what pressures others are running
& what y'all would recommend?? (I have R-4's by the way)

/ tire pressures #2  
A wise man once said - "Read the Freaking Manual" /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif I'm often guilty myself /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Lot's of hidden gems in there such as recommended tire pressure. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

On my TC18 I tend to run the fronts higher than the rears as they squish under load from the FEL. I'm at ~20 psi F, 12psi R.

/ tire pressures #3  
<font color="blue"> "Read the Freaking Manual" I'm often guilty myself </font>

I have read the manual and put the recommended pressure in fronts and rears. The fronts especially seem to flex too much, look too low on pressure. These are 4wd ag tires. Is overinflating beyond the "freaking mannual" recommendation asking for trouble? That flexing tends to bother me when I see it.

/ tire pressures #4  
I'm running higher than the owner's manual recommends in the front. As long as you are below the TIRE's max pressure you should be all right.

/ tire pressures
I just wish I could put my hands on that "freakin" manual. In storage(from moving), I guess. On another note has anyone used that "green slime" for a temporary plug in case of a puncture. I've used it on my
Dixon & Kubota ZTR mowers but not sure about these
low pressure-hi volume tractor tires. Trying to find a place in South La. nowadays to repair a tractor flat(on a weekend) could ruin your day. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

/ tire pressures #6  
I'm running the slime on my fronts - 1 can in each. The recommended volume of slime for the rears was expensive. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

/ tire pressures #7  
<font color="blue"> 1 can in each </font>
What size can? There are several sizes. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ tire pressures #8  
You had to ask the hard question didn't you. Not sure, but it was about the size of a spray can of rustoleum...

/ tire pressures #9  
Just be careful out there when filling. Just like the manual says........if overinflated & you happen to be close to tire when it lets go (especially the backs) potential for fatality. I have the turf tires. The front are maxed out at 30 psi & the back at 20 psi. Since I don't trust my tire gauge I will not inflate beyond a few psi below these values (wuss /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif)

Better to err on the safe side !!

/ tire pressures #10  
I run the rated pressure or above in both my 2120 and TN75. Having run tractors fir well over 40 years and havign had many flats, off rims, and side wall detoriations/collapses, I will tell you that in my experience all of the blowouts I have had have either been slow leaks (punctures), side wall punctures/tears (again a slow leak) and tire beads falling off rims. In no case has any tire loss been dangerous from an "explosion type" standpoint except when mounting a tire with the high pressure required to seat a tire. I tend to run my tires somewhat "hard" especially the fronts (because of loader work) and also they don't wander on the roads when transporting (makes steering somewhat unsafe when the tractor wanders). The pressures run in tractor tires just aren't high. I won't run low pressure in my tractor tires since it causes them to slip on the rims and also the side wall flex causes excessive side wall wear and tear and shortens life expectancy.