Tires Filled Tires

/ Filled Tires #1  

Williecoyote

Tractor
TC33D
How much weight is added to the rear when you fill the tires of a TC33D? How much weight can you add using wheel weights? Tires are the industrial tread. I am wondering if it is better to add wheel weights to the rim. That way, I can remove the weight when I don't need it, and don't need to worry about leaking or corrosion.

/ Filled Tires #2  
How much you can add is listed in the Operator's Manual. (My manual is at home.) BTW, if I remember correctly, NH indicates you can both fill the tires and add weights.

/ Filled Tires #3  
I use my tractor in so many different situations daily I never know when the extra ballast weight will come in handy. I have R-4's filled will fluid. I would hate to have to put on and take off bolt on weights. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Bernie

/ Filled Tires #4  
WillieC,

Just a wild guess, you will be adding at least 500# by filling your tires.

I'm curious... are you adding the water for ballast, or for traction? Filling the tires works great for ballasting a FEL, but doesn't help anywhere else. It doesn't even seem to help with traction using R4's. You just get stuck deeper. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Filled Tires #5  
I think mine took 30 gal. per tire. I added water with a little anti-freeze for corrosion protection. 2 tires = 60 gal X 8# per gal. = 480#s. Calcium chloride is about 10 -11# per gal. X 60 gal. = 600 - 660#s.

/ Filled Tires
I would be using it mostly for the traction while clearing snow on our 1000' drive, but could probably use it for ballast as well. So it seems that #500-#600 lbs. is a good bet for filled r4's. What would I get out of weights on the rims?

/ Filled Tires #7  
<font color="blue"> What would I get out of weights on the rims?</font>
Page 2-27 of the Operator's Manual says 300 lb/wheel. You do have the Operator's Manual, don't you?

/ Filled Tires #8  
I believe the manual has a misprint. On page 4-5 of my DX33 manual under specifications it states, (4) weights (2) per wheel @ 34 kg (75 lbs.) each. That is what my dealer told me also. On page 2-28 of my manual it states Maximum of (2) weights @ 34 kg (75 lbs.) each - 136 kg ( 300 lbs. total per wheel ) If you install a maximum of 2( 75 lb.) weights on each wheel as it states, that does not = 300 lbs. but only 150 lbs.

/ Filled Tires #9  
My manual states the same thing. I think the final 'per wheel' is the wrong part. Two, 75 pound weights per wheel is the maximum.

/ Filled Tires #10  
If you are going to fill your tires, I'd strongly recommend filling with "Rim Guard" (made mostly from the juice of sugar beets). It's non-toxic, non-corrosive, weighs as much as calcium chloride, and gives very good freeze protection. If it had been available when I was filling my tires, that's what I would have used.

John Mc