Ford 3000 questions

/ Ford 3000 questions #1  

BobReeves

Platinum Member
Tractor
Ford 3000
The Ford 3000 I just purchased showed up today, spent about 3 hours on it digging dirt from a high spot and moving it to a low spot. Have to tell ya, after a year borrowing a poorly taken care of MF 135 this Ford is a dream.

Am going to order a owners manual but in the mean time maybe someone that knows the 3000 can answer a few questions...

It has a small foot peddle on the right side just forward of the rear end. Could this be a differential lock? The actuator linkage looks to be connected to rear end.

It has a bar that is connected to the right pin on the hitch lift arm, same pin the implement attaches to, other end goes to a pin under the axle. No other tractor I have had experience with had 3 arms going to the implement (not counting the top link). Is this to keep the implement from swaying right to left or?

Thanks

/ Ford 3000 questions #2  
I am only going to guess on the small foot pedal. You are right it should be the differential lock.

murph

/ Ford 3000 questions #3  
A single or double stabilzers is common. In the attached photo, you can easily see the blue stabilizer on my old Ford Jubilee. There are also adjustable length stabilizers that look similar to the adjustable toplink. They are sold at Tractor Supply and several other farm/tractor stores.

As Murph said, the pedal is most likely a diff lock. Give it a try and see. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Attachments

• 746083-CutterHookup.JPG
    746083-CutterHookup.JPG
    65.7 KB · Views: 751
   / Ford 3000 questions #4  
Hey Jinman,

Now I know what he is talking about. My dad had them on his Ford 861. I actuallly have them on my TC29D but they don't extend all the way out and I can adjust them with slotted holes and pins. Nice feature.

murph

/ Ford 3000 questions
Yep, stabilizer bar, that's it exactly, thinking this is a good thing. A brush hog or box blade on the MF 135 I have been borrowing swings all over the place and trying to back up with the brush hog is a nightmare.

The little lever is a dif lock, didn't realize it but a shop manual was wadded up in the tool box the previous owner gave me. Said he removed it from the fender because it rattled too much, I won't mind the rattle /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Thanks