3-Point Hitch 3 point hitch slowly creeps down

/ 3 point hitch slowly creeps down #1  

banjobj

Gold Member
Tractor
TC 21D
I recently added about 300 pounds of weight as ballast to my 3 point hitch. I made a box filled with concrete. My problem is, that after a few days the weight and the 3 pt slowly works it's way all the way down. Is this normal, after not running the tractor for several days? Is something defective or is this a common problem? This probably has been discussed before, but any help would be appreciated. My tractor is a NH TC 21 D.

/ 3 point hitch slowly creeps down #2  
banjobj, I don't think it's unusual for it to slowly bleed down; however, I just wouldn't ever leave it parked with a weight on the 3-point raised. I always lower any implement or weight on the back (and the front end loader if it's on the tractor) when I park the tractor. In my opinion, to do otherwise is just putting an unnecessary strain on valves and seals.

Bird

/ 3 point hitch slowly creeps down
Bird, Thanks for the reply. I only left it up a couple of times and the way I built the weight box it is only about 8 or 10 inches off the ground. I Make it a point to remove weight now, especially since it seems to creep down. I always park with the FEL lowered to a wooden pallet. I respect and appreciate your opinions.