Re: can\'t stay running

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( i've got a ford 3000 desiel '

over hauled 2 years ago.
fuel pump too.
runs good but, for about 1 hour .
can't figuire it out.

please help
)</font>

If it were a gasoline engine, I'd tell you to look for a vapor lock. That's not very likely on a diesel, so I suspect that's not the problem. If would have to be the fuel line running very close to an exhaust pipe or manifold to generate enough heat to make the diesel boil. How long do you have to let it cool before it will start and run again? Have you checked that all your filters are clean? On a newly overhauled engine, there could have been some old diesel in the tank that might have built up some gunk. Those are the only two things I can think of off the top of my head. It just sounds like your fuel is getting too hot. Have you felt of your injector pump when the engine shuts down. That might tell you something... /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ can't stay running #3  
Re: can\'t stay running

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( i've got a ford 3000 desiel '

over hauled 2 years ago.
fuel pump too.
runs good but, for about 1 hour .
can't figuire it out.

please help
)</font>

If your telling us its run good for an hour then stops then I would think it is a fuel problem. Is your filter clean? Also check you fuel cap, does it vent ok, you could try running the tractor with the cap off as long as you not in dusty conditions. This would isolate if the cap wasn't vented.

murph