clutch problem with tc 45 da

/ clutch problem with tc 45 da #1  

gregNH

Maybe I will buy me a new boomer with a manual transmission.
I need it for a lot of things, for the most the manual will be no problem but for mowing i' ve my doubts.
It are long straight lines ==> not much changing of direction.
BUT the dealer said there will be a possibility that my clutch will wear fast (stop and leave on high rpm).

/ clutch problem with tc 45 da #2  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( BUT the dealer said there will be a possibility that my clutch will wear fast (stop and leave on high rpm).
)</font>

Greg, that sounds like your dealer is talking about the PTO clutch rather than the transmission clutch. I'd think if you mowed in long straight lines a gear-drive TC45 would be ideal.

/ clutch problem with tc 45 da
no he means the drive clutch.
But i doubt between a hydro (again) or a gear drive.
On a other piece of ground there are a few trees but first i mow around the trees with a little mower so it are +- straight lines again ( +- 60 feet) the other (+- 100 feet)
I understand that your clutch will wear very fast when you change 10 times direction around a tree but i don't think it will be a problem when i do that only a few times or am i wrong? BTW: (it is a double disk of 10 inch)

/ clutch problem with tc 45 da #4  
I doubt changing directions a lot during mowing will damage a clutch. If you were pulling a heavy draft load and had to slip the clutch, then there might be some wear, but if you engage/disengage normally, I don't think you'll run into any problem for a long, long time. Starting and stopping with a mower should be "child's play" for a clutch.

BTW: A gear drive tractor would be a TC45A, the "DA" models are all hydrostatic unless there has been a change in designation.

Also, if you are planning on buying a hydro tractor, I would not pay the extra for a TC45DA over the TC40DA. It's not worth the extra money in my opinion. For a gear tractor it would be more important to have the extra horsepower.

EDIT: One other thing...

The TC45DA hydro has no clutch at all. Only the gear type Class III Boomers have clutches.

so it are +- straight lines again ( +- 60 feet) the other (+- 100 feet)

i mean 200 - 330 feet
soory

i agree with you jinman, leave with high rpm is not so good as leaving with low rpm but i don't think it is very dangerous for my clutch.