TN 55 Shuttle shift forward stalls tractor

/ TN 55 Shuttle shift forward stalls tractor #1  

bigtractor

Silver Member
Tractor
Kioti all
We have a tn55 that is used to mow on a sod farm. shuttle shifter moves from forward to reverse but when placed in forward the tractor stalls as it is stuck in 2 gears as it seems. I removed the shuttle side plate and manually shifted but still reverse fine forward bound and stalls tractor.

Any experience with this problem out there. And yes it is out of warranty.

/ TN 55 Shuttle shift forward stalls tractor #2  
maybe this will a critical question
- How change you direction??
Make you a complete stop or are you still riding (a bit)

/ TN 55 Shuttle shift forward stalls tractor #3  
If I am reading your post correctly. You are saying that you can shift it manually when you take the side cover off. If this is right, it would have to be a linkage problem. It may need to be adjusted or the swivel balls may be worn and need to be replaced. This is a manual shuttle and not a power shuttle?

/ TN 55 Shuttle shift forward stalls tractor
No the shifter worked fine and with the side cover off it shifts fine BUT when placed in Forward the transmission is bound up somewhere and the tractor will not move and it stalls as if it were in 2 gears at one time.

I believe the shuttle gear cluster or whatever needs attention.

Thanks for the replies

/ TN 55 Shuttle shift forward stalls tractor
Found the problem is a sheared roll pin on the front of the shift rail at the fork. Dealer says a very common problem but you have to split the tractor and remove the front cover of the case.