FORD 1510 parts tractor/BAHAMAS

/ FORD 1510 parts tractor/BAHAMAS #1  

Jerryw

I have a 1985 FORD 1510 and am unable to find someone who has a "parts" tractor, a burned/wrecked machine or has parted out an old 1510. I've called several companies, who were unable to find anyone with "non-dealer" used parts for a 1510. They checked their "hot line", etc. Anybody have an old 1510 in your back field. Just now I need an injector pump camshaft, bearings, governer and timing gear.My tractor is on a small island in the Bahamas, so south Florida is my nearest US location. Also New Hampshire would be great. Thanks

/ FORD 1510 parts tractor/BAHAMAS #2  
Jerry -

Sounds like the old beast is hurting. What is Bahamas Air-Sea Rescue doing for a tractor while it's down? I'll nose around up here for parts tractors. Any idea if there are models other than the 1510 (or other model years of the 15XX series) which can serve as donors? I don't know if others shared any common parts or not.

Since I may be the only one on here other than Jerry who has seen it... this is definitely a tractor with some "character". It was abandoned on an island in the Bahamas for years...barely recognizable as a tractor. No dash, instruments hanging by their cables, rust everywhere. Jerry has been bringing it back to life on a budget. The owner of my local NH dealership here in Vermont always looks like he's trying to stifle a friendly chuckle when he sees Jerry walk in... he knows Jerry is headed to their "graveyard" to scrounge some parts (the weed patch out back where old tractors go to die). Before too much longer it will probably be more replacement parts than original. Always nice to see that someone is willing to give "old faithful" a new home. Jerry, I don't suppose you have any "before" pictures you could post?

John_Mc

/ FORD 1510 parts tractor/BAHAMAS #3  
Jerryw,
Try this place. They are a salvage tractor dealer that deals in compact tractors like you have.

/ FORD 1510 parts tractor/BAHAMAS
Still no luck finding a parted out 1510. That last link had one, but sold the injector pump, etc. with the short block. Any ideas???

/ FORD 1510 parts tractor/BAHAMAS #5  
I have a Ford 1510 that will probably be parted out soon. It has a busted block and they are pretty hard to find.
R Westbrook