Finally! Pictures of the new TC35A

/ Finally! Pictures of the new TC35A #1  

shovelhead

Tractor
NH TC35A
This is how I justified the purchase of this tractor. We get a pallet this size weekly. Tha pallet weighs just over 800 lbs. The tractor handles it beautifully! I've driven a fork truck for years, and this is a LOT different from a fork truck, but I'm getting used to it and it is working well. Besides - you can't move dirt or dig fence post holes with a fork truk!

Attachments

• 809521-tractor with load.jpg
    809521-tractor with load.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 730
   / Finally! Pictures of the new TC35A #2  
Congradulations, Nice looking machine. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ Finally! Pictures of the new TC35A
Here's a problem. My shed it too small!

Attachments

• 809664-truck & tracor 010.JPG
    809664-truck & tracor 010.JPG
    95.1 KB · Views: 467
   / Finally! Pictures of the new TC35A #4  
Shovelhead, congradulations - very nice machine.

Regarding the shed being a mite small, just move everything else outside! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Seriously though, what's the construction on that shed? I've got to build something this year, and yours' looks like an attractive alternative.

Bruce.

/ Finally! Pictures of the new TC35A #5  
Congratulations Shovelhead!

If I may suggest a quick hitch for your 3 point as an alternative to a building for now.

The quick hitch will come in handy for implement changes and you can drop your box blade on a pallet (looks like you will have plenty of those around) while not in use.

I know...Iknow you were looking for a reason for a bigger shed /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif we all do that.

But you can be practical for now and put the extra money into more implements. Bet you can find many you want sooner than later.

Enjoy that beauty and let us know your decision.

Gary

Thank you for the kind words gentlemen,
The too small shed is my own doing. I had built a 12 x 16 portable building for backyard type storage to replace a rotting, termite infested 8 x 12 building on the other side of the yard. I added a lean-to on the West end to house a small tractor. I originally planned on buying a 30 hp Farmtrac, but the operator platform was too small. I decided on the NH, but it has a much bigger footprint. My wife crawled my butt for building too small a shed or buying to big a tractor. Now she wants me to add a lean-to on the East side for a greenhouse/lawn equipment storage. I'll probably wind up leaving implements on that side, and store projects & scrap metal behind it.
As far as construction, it is 4 x 4 posts with 2 x 4 purlins on the walls. The roof is a combination 2 x 6 & 2 x 4's using Simpson strong tie hangers. The roof purlins are 1 x 4. It is all screwed together and bolted to the side of the portable building for rigidity. The roof & walls are 26 ga colored metal w/ 2 skylight panels. I meant for this to be temporary as I plan to build a larger shop when the tractor is paid for.
Bruce- For you to use this kind of design, it would probably have to be beefed up for snow load. It probably won't meet windstorm code here either /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif
Gumby - I paid extra for the deluxe hitch on the tractor, so I'd hate to spend more on a quick hitch. Besides, one of my friends has a bias against them, but he pulls mostly large hay equipment and doesn't swap much. I have a QA on the loader, so I could drop the forks and it would fit inside.
Thanks again for the comments. I'm having a tough time figuring out how to post good photos here. When I figure it out, I'll tell on myself some more!

/ Finally! Pictures of the new TC35A #7  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I've driven a fork truck for years, and this is a LOT different from a fork truck, but I'm getting used to it and it is working well. )</font>

Hmm...
NH has supersteer, but I don't think they make a tractor where the rear wheels steer like a forklift. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

It's good to see you are putting that tractor to work. I can truly say you never have enough tractor, enough implements, or enough shed. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif It's the theory of expanding needs. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

/ Finally! Pictures of the new TC35A #8  
Whatever excuse it takes to get a tractor is a good one.
Nice rig, you just need a little more shed.

/ Finally! Pictures of the new TC35A #9  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Whatever excuse it takes to get a tractor is a good one. Nice rig, you just need a little more shed. )</font>

My TC35, FEL and 6" brush hog do not fit real comfortably in a 30 foot long building. I only have ~2' to spare in the rear, and ~2' in the front.

You can never have too much building! Even if you build it 10x too large, it will attract matter like a black hole until it's full.

I just watched my son unload a truck on MY tractor. Dang if he can't operate it better than I can! I guess countless hours on a video game controller flying starships and saving the universe makes a frontend loader joystick a piece of cake! I didn't take pictures because it is well after dark, but I promise to do it in the future. I've got to get more seat time! Thanks again for all your kind words, wisdom and encouragement.