New Holland TC series hydraulic/transmission fluid

/ New Holland TC series hydraulic/transmission fluid #1  

dubldee

This has been asked before, but not answered as far as I can tell.
My TC-40D calls for NH-410B fluid. I am looking for alternatives.
It looks like the Ford standard M2C 134D is the same stuff, as the NH oil is Ambra Multigrade 134.
Amsoil tells me that their ATH meets the M2C 134D specs, but don't answer to the NH-410B specification.

Any help sure would help. Ideas?

dd

/ New Holland TC series hydraulic/transmission fluid #2  
Pretty sure the ford 134 is not multi-grade.

/ New Holland TC series hydraulic/transmission fluid #3  
I looked into my manual that states what grade I would have to put in and there was nothing at all. Sure it says Ambra Multi G 134, but that was it. There is nothing in the manual that I could find that states that the hydraluic / transmission oil has to meet NH-410B spec. With Amsoil I wouldn't be too worried about it. I think that oil that you mentioned is synthetic anyway, that would mean that this oil will be twice as good as the Ambra Multi G134 in any case (shape or form too, LOL) as that is not synthetic. My 2 cents worth...

Max

/ New Holland TC series hydraulic/transmission fluid #4  
May be wrong here but I believe there have been a few complaints from excessive hydro whine when alternative fluids were used.

Don't know if I would make the change to save a few dollars on this point. We used the NH TF when we made the change but each to his own.

/ New Holland TC series hydraulic/transmission fluid
Well, to show my true ignorance, the manual I was going by was for a TC-40, not TC-40D. I bought the tractor (minus manuals) with 500 hrs, and thought why not go ahead and do a full 600hr maintenance on it so I have a solid starting point.

Incidentally, I am not convinced that "factory" fluids are the best stuff to put in ANYTHING. For example, automobile manufacturers regularly "recommend" lower weight oils, because they can get slightly higher mileage ratings with them. NH, JD, Case, etc aren't in the lubrication business. They develop engineering specs for engineers to meet. I just want to use the best economical solution. If that is NH fluid, okay.
If not, okay, but blind loyalty to dealer brands is a bit myopic.

/ New Holland TC series hydraulic/transmission fluid #6  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( May be wrong here but I believe there have been a few complaints from excessive hydro whine when alternative fluids were used.
)</font>

Mike,

I think you may have it backwards. It was my understanding that the standard oil which I have in my TC29D is the stuff that whines. If you get the more expensive stuff from New Holland you will eliminate the noise. My TC29D did not whine the first year but is this year. This is after I changed the oil with the standard stuff. But then again I could be wrong.

murph

/ New Holland TC series hydraulic/transmission fluid #7  
Guess I'll need to run out to the barn and check one of the empty pails. I assumed it was the basic that's in mine only because I wasn't aware that they made a more expensive hydraulic fluid. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ New Holland TC series hydraulic/transmission fluid #8  
I think the more expensive stuff was F200 and the standard was 134??? Not really sure but I do remember when talking to my dealer about buying oil to do my change out he recomended that I go with the F200 to eliminate my noise which I did not have at the time. My noise came after I changed my oil. Now I wished I would have put the more expensive in instead of the standard. I was just too cheap to buy the more expensive.

murph

/ New Holland TC series hydraulic/transmission fluid #9  
Is the f200 a lower viscosity fluid.. thus making it easier to flow cold.. less cavitation.. less chattering valves, etc?

If so.. what about a thinner brand of utf.. like supertech...?

Soundguy

/ New Holland TC series hydraulic/transmission fluid #10  
if I can remember right, my dealer told me it is also full synthetic. the 134 is not.