A Convert

/ A Convert #1  

MikePA

Super Moderator
Tractor
Had TC25D, now JD X310
Despite having horses and 5+ acres to maintain, I think my wife always believed that my research into buying a tractor was more 'a boy and his toys' than anything else. Over the past six months she'd walk by the computer when I was reading this forum, looking at tractors, etc. and roll her eyes like only a wife can do. Few comments, but lots of eye rolling.

On 9/29 she went with me to buy a tractor, a 30 mile round trip to the dealer. I initially went to buy a Kubota 7500, but (1) The Kubota salesman wasn't there and (2) They didn't have any in stock. The salesman I did talk to was wearing a New Holland ball cap, so I asked his opinion.

Well, 20 minutes later I bought a TC25D, FEL, 60" mmm and back blade. It was delivered this past Tuesday. I still think she felt this was overkill, but she indulged me.

This evening a friend came by to get some well aged horse manure mixed with wood shavings. It had been sitting for almost 1 year and looked almost like peat moss. He drove up in his pickup and within 20 minutes I had loaded 4 FEL scoops into the bed and he was on his way (this barely made a dent in the pile /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif). As we were closing the gate my wife said, "That was pretty neat."

For all you guys still trying to convince your better half that you need a tractor, or that certain attachment, don't give up!

tractor.gif

/ A Convert #2  
Another tact --- My wife and I are just celebrating 10 years of marriage. When we got married we were so broke I'm afraid her wedding band was pretty poor. So-o-o for our 10 yr anniv. I bought her a new diamond ring and she was so impressed all she could say was ... "this is so great - but now what am I going to get you for Christmas??"...........I'm makin' a list /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif
mike

/ A Convert #3  
Yeap,mine too, the wife that is and feeling a new tractor with fel was overkill.But now that we have had 4000lbs of moss rock deliverd and then we moved it not to mention mounds of field dirt,chert,and topsoil we have moved a round.After moving the rocks I asked her how she liked the best wheelbarrel I EVER HAD...
Her response was a smile and yeap its been a great back saver....

Laziness is the Father of invention.../w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif
Lil' Paul
Proud owner of TC21D