New Here. Have a couple of questions

/ New Here. Have a couple of questions #1  

Nomoregears

Tractor
TC29DA
I just purchased a very clean 2001 TC29DA with 1000 hours. It's my first "hydro" tractor. . I began checking fluids and getting to know my new toy as soon as it got home. I was keeping the RPM around 2000 while working with my bucket in low gear. Should I run the RPM's up more?
I must say I'm impressed with this little beast. The super steer is fantastic. It has turf tires on it now. If I have a problem, I'll switch over to R4's. It came with a 60" (914A) mower deck, FEL, post hole digger, and wheel weights. The parking brake light stays on even after it is disengaged. Adjustment? The bucket and 3pt hitch stay up while the machine is off (just to test). What type of oil is recommended for the engine? Hydraulic oil? Grease? Appreciate any help you guys can give.
Any recalls or problems I should be aware of.

/ New Here. Have a couple of questions #2  
Welcome to the Blue team, you'll be very happy with your machine.

As far as RPM's to use, I usually just listen to the tractor. If it's not working fast enough or seems to lug, I raise the RPM's some. 2000 seems to be a pretty good starting point.

Lubrication...there's a whole forum on that subject and I'm not even going to start that debate here. Since my machine was under warranty, I replaced with NH products. Now that warranty is up, I'm leaning towards synthetic. JMHO. I have used a good high pressure graphite grease since day one.

Enjoy your new toy.

/ New Here. Have a couple of questions #3  
The best place to start is your operators manual. If you didn't get one then you might get lucky and find one at eBay, if not I'm sure your dealer could easily order one for you. You got yourself a nice ride.

There's also more than a few New Holland guys here that will answer your questions for you.

Welcome to the TBN site.

/ New Here. Have a couple of questions #4  
A few things to to watch; Hydro cooler lines in front of radiator; the rubber 90 degree pieces go bad; if swollen, cracked, replace them. Tilt and telescopic steering wheel; keep tilt cylinder lubed; they have a tendancy to get stuck do to poor design that allows water to collect. These are the only two problems I can think of today. I have a 1999 TC 29 with 1100 hours; good machine

/ New Here. Have a couple of questions #5  
Welcome to TBN !

You got yourself an excellent machine....let me tell ya somethin.

That's where I usually run the RPM's at for FEL work. Sometimes a few hundred higher if I'm really doing some heavy work. Go into the pile for scoopage at low gear & then switch to high (low gear) for backing out.

I also have supersteer.....talk about almost going sideways......what a blast !! Excellent investment, have had no trouble with it & I have put my tractor through its paces.

Just so happens that I also have turfs. I bought my tractor 2 years ago & that's what it came with although I wanted R4's. Dreaded having to put chains on in the winter but fortunately the turfs have worked out much better than I thought especially when I put 500+ lbs on the 3 pt hitch. With your wheel weights you should have no problems UNLESS maybe your on a slippery slope. (My property is fairly flat)

I use lithium grease & Amsoil synthetic oil from day one. Sure you could go with regular oil & change it more often but I guess that's up to the individual. As one of the other posters indicated, there's days of reading ahead of you on the lubrication forum. For the oil make sure it is for diesel engines with at least a category CH-4 rating. (I believe there probably is a higher category ranking out by now)

I believe the parking brake light is triggered by the latching mechanism. Will need to go underneath tractor & check it out.
Make sure latching lever is all the way down. I know sometimes mine sticks about 80% of the way down in the released position.

Post some pics of your new machine. We all love gocking at tractors....can't get enough. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Vic

/ New Here. Have a couple of questions
I couldn't move the tilt steering wheel. I'll work on that in warmer weather. After owning a 50 horse tractor I never thought I could step down to one of these. I've used heavy equipment at work where the bucket weighs as much as this machine. I must say "kudos" to New Holland. I'll take pictures when I get off it and there is daylight left.
Thanks for the replies.