Ford 9N (What is it worth?)

/ Ford 9N (What is it worth?) #1  

Anonymous Poster

I have an old Ford 9N tractor that I have used for the past 5 years. I have been constantly replacing parts, and now I have decided to buy a new Kubota. I want to know how much it is worth. I imagine not much the shape it is in. Until 2 weeks ago, It used to start. I don't know if my battery died again or what. Secondly, the last time I had it started, the hydraulic 3 point hitch lift did not work. In general, the rest is in "fair" condition. Can someone please tell me how much they'd try to sell this thing for with no attachments. Thanks.

/ Ford 9N (What is it worth?) #3  
The fact that you could probally make it run should guarantee you $1500 but you need to have it running to sell it. If it don't run and the hydraulic's are not working well you will be lucky to get $1000. I would make it run and try selling it for $1900 and if someone offers you $1500 you take it and both party's are happy. If the hydraulics worked and it started without any problems you could probally get $2400-$3000 depending on the shape of the tractor and the area you live in. Good luck with your new tractor.

<font color=blue>Robert Turk Jr.</font color=blue>
<font color=blue>Whitetail Splendor Deer Farms</font color=blue>
<font color=blue>Silver Creek, NY</font color=blue>

/ Ford 9N (What is it worth?) #4  
I don't have anything to add to what Robert in NY has said except to say that I agree with him 100% on the price. Make it work and you will get almost $1,000 more for it. Good luck.

JimI

/ Ford 9N (What is it worth?)
Don't know if you're close to Indiana... But check out "www.n-complete.com". They are in the business of remanufacturing tractors. Not only do they buy old Fords, but by playing the "I will supply the tractor" verses the "n-complete will supply" game, you can see what they think that your machine is worth.