TC55DA advice requested

/ TC55DA advice requested #11  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Does anyone know what the front axle adjustman dimensions are or where I could find them? )</font>

I'm guessing you mean the width adjustments on the 2wd front axle. That info is probably only found in the Operators Manual. Of course, you said your dealer was not very responsive, so he may not want to spend the time looking for it. Maybe he would let you look if you asked. I think that info should be available for anyone wanting to buy any tractor. Heck, any serious farmer will want to know that.

/ TC55DA advice requested #12  
Mine's a 2120, a decade older, but the manual says front wheel adjustments range from 48" to 67.7", or you can get 72" if you reverse the wheels and take advantage of the flange offsets. I'd say set the inside dimension of the fronts even with the same dimension of the rears and you'll make the most of your turning radius and most implement setups. Narrower is stronger, of course, esp. with a loader.
You probably know all that.
Jim

/ TC55DA advice requested
Got the dimensions from the dealer same day I asked the question on here. Dont have them with me but that sounds about right.
Went down and did a test drive and signed the papers today. I am real happy with the way the bucket and loaders quick detach work. If youve ever put a wagner loader on rear axle brackets and the front bumper a few times a year you can really appreciate it.
I dont usually buy from a dealership unless I have to because you almost always pay a premium, this guy treated me really right.
Anyone know of any plans to make your own sunscreen for this tractor? Any sunscreen plans or ideas?
thanks again for your help

/ TC55DA advice requested #14  
There are two links per side, for a total of four. Maybe I'm not calling them by their proper name... they're the brass-colored oval-shaped links that attach your bucket to the loader frame. I'm pretty sure they are meant to be the first thing to break... they're relatively inexpensive, so they protect the rest of the machine (so long as you notice when they bend!).

I blew my links and one cylinder, but the cylinder was a separate event. The links need to be replaced since once they're bent they lose their strength. The cylinder was bad in the first week or so after I took delivery. It was replaced that same day, under warranty, but it could have been rebuilt. Sometimes you just get a bad one...

If you run your loader with bent links, you're probably going to stress the other connection points with the bucket, most likely the upper bucket-lift cylinder mounts. Your bucket won't lift fully, either, and you'll probably hear lots of hissing from your cylinders as they aren't going to be aligned properly for long.

If you needed to, you could probably bend the links back for a short time, but I wouldn't recommend it.

Instead of keeping a spare set of links around, I've finally developed a good 'feel' for what the machine can take, and I try not to push it beyond that limit. School of hard knocks, I guess...