TC33DA Front/Rear Drive Train Ratio

/ TC33DA Front/Rear Drive Train Ratio #1  

drm

Silver Member
Tractor
2004 NH TC33DA
Does anyone know the Front/Rear Drive Train Ratio and allowable Lead (slippage) Percentage for the 2004 TC33DA. I am attempting to determine what size front tire I can safely substitute (See my Previous Thread ) and need this information to determine if the FWD will work correctly without causing harm to the drive train.

This thread from Tractor Smart gives a good summary of the issue of determining the proper size tires that can be used.

I do know that the TC33DA most likely has a good deal of lead based on the handling of the tractor with FWD engaged but I would prefer not to guess.

Thanks for any assistance that you can provide.

...Derek

/ TC33DA Front/Rear Drive Train Ratio
Neil,

You are correct that is a good way to determine lead percent for the tires on the machine. Firestone outlines the procedure here . My problem is that I know that what I have (Titan Multitrac C/S turf tires) are not able to support the load as well as I would like and they are squatting too much.

I would like to change out the front tires to 6 ply turf or industrials when I do heavy loader work. But I need to maintain the drive ratio since I need to use FWD when doing the loader work.

Any insight is appreciated. My local dealer, who has been otherwise very responsive, has not been able to recommend an alternate tire. I have found a Firestone 6 ply turf tire that may work but I can not find it locally and do not want to buy it without knowing first.

Thanks...Derek

/ TC33DA Front/Rear Drive Train Ratio #4  
<font color="blue"> Does anyone know the Front/Rear Drive Train Ratio and allowable Lead (slippage) Percentage for the 2004 </font>
You would think that one of the New Holland dealers that are a member here would look up the ratio for you guys. I don't have any NH manuals, but the manuals that I do have, have the ratios in them. Looks like the NH manuals would also. Dealers help these guys out.

/ TC33DA Front/Rear Drive Train Ratio #5  
Case ih manual states the ratio should be 1.59 with an acceptable range of 1.56 - 1.62

/ TC33DA Front/Rear Drive Train Ratio
Boomerang1,

Thanks for the quick reply. I posted the ratio's I calculated on the TC33DA Correct Tire Size thread. Interesting how the numbers compare.

…Derek

/ TC33DA Front/Rear Drive Train Ratio #7  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Case ih manual states the ratio should be 1.59 with an acceptable range of 1.56 - 1.62 )</font>

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Boomerang1,
Is the 1.59 the gear ratio difference or is 1.59 the ideal tire to tire ratio with 1.56-162 being acceptable?

/ TC33DA Front/Rear Drive Train Ratio #8  
It is the tire to tire difference. Measure from the center of the rear axle hub to the ground and do the same for the front. Divide the rear measurement by the front measurement to get the ratio. Example: rear is 20" front is 12" 20/12 = 1.67 Adjust the tire pressure to change the ratio. If you will be doing a lot of loader work, you can air up the front tires or air down the rears to maintain the correct ratio. When you have a heavy load in the bucket, the loaded radius of the front tires is less, which results in a lag instead of a lead in the front tires. Lag is bad, lead is good.