Default Parking Brake Stuck! ????

After my wife parked the tractor today (TC29DA), I got on it and attempted to disengage the parking brake, and no matter how hard I pushed down on the darn thing, it wouldn't release!

My wife is not particularly strong, and I AM, so it was really frustrating. I looked underneath and noticed, for the first time, a lube fitting, but even after lubing the thing, it still wouldn't budge.

Exasperated, and reaching at straws, I decided to unhook the two brake pedals, and lo and behold, once I did that, a normal push on the left-most brake pedal disengaged the darn thing.

What was going on here, and has anyone else had this problem?

Silver Member
    Tractor
    2004 NH TC40DA

Default Re: Parking Brake Stuck! ????

No help here, but I have a TC40DA new in 2004 that does the same thing, except I havent tried the pedal trick, I just shove it down. It doesn't "pop" loose like it did when new.

Tractor
    New Holland / T4.75 Powerstar & Boomer 1030, Case 580 SM II

I never had it happen to me as of yet, but maybe one brake is more worn than the other? Dunno if that does make sense or not... [img]/forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    tc- 29d

If I recall correctly; the left pedal is what releases the parking brake. Your problem may lie in the right brake or as mentioned before about brakes may need to be adjusted.
    I noticed you mentioned you had not noticed a zerk fitting before. I would suggest reading your owners manual and make sure ALL fittings are being maintained or problems will arise due to neglect. Some are hidden well!

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    NH TC 35 D

I have a tc35d and have had the same trouble, what I do is not press the brake pedals so hard & I don't lift the lever so much.