Parking Brake Stuck! ????

/ Parking Brake Stuck! ???? #1  

jrinck

After my wife parked the tractor today (TC29DA), I got on it and attempted to disengage the parking brake, and no matter how hard I pushed down on the darn thing, it wouldn't release!

My wife is not particularly strong, and I AM, so it was really frustrating. I looked underneath and noticed, for the first time, a lube fitting, but even after lubing the thing, it still wouldn't budge.

Exasperated, and reaching at straws, I decided to unhook the two brake pedals, and lo and behold, once I did that, a normal push on the left-most brake pedal disengaged the darn thing.

What was going on here, and has anyone else had this problem?

/ Parking Brake Stuck! ???? #2  
No help here, but I have a TC40DA new in 2004 that does the same thing, except I havent tried the pedal trick, I just shove it down. It doesn't "pop" loose like it did when new.

/ Parking Brake Stuck! ???? #3  
I never had it happen to me as of yet, but maybe one brake is more worn than the other? Dunno if that does make sense or not... /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ Parking Brake Stuck! ???? #4  
If I recall correctly; the left pedal is what releases the parking brake. Your problem may lie in the right brake or as mentioned before about brakes may need to be adjusted.
I noticed you mentioned you had not noticed a zerk fitting before. I would suggest reading your owners manual and make sure ALL fittings are being maintained or problems will arise due to neglect. Some are hidden well!

/ Parking Brake Stuck! ???? #5  
I have a tc35d and have had the same trouble, what I do is not press the brake pedals so hard & I don't lift the lever so much.