Oil & Fuel fuel problems or dirty fuel.

/ fuel problems or dirty fuel. #11  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Does everyone filter their fuel when filling? )</font>

Never. Change filter per schedule, I belive every 200 hrs.

...Derek

/ fuel problems or dirty fuel. #12  
All this talk about filtering the fuel or not finally reminded me of a story that happened about a year back. Since I did not have anything with a diesel engine at the time, I had forgotten this happened until now. My brother-n-law had his Dodge ton stall out on him. Replacing the filter only helped the problem momentarily. He was at least able to get the thing home. turns out he had to have the injectors rebuilt. The price tag was something like $3,000. Now the truck only had 60k on it. So if dirty fuel can cause such a nice repair bill, I think I'm going to be mindful of what I pour into the tank.

/ fuel problems or dirty fuel. #13  
It can't be stressed enough to buy your fuel from a reputable dealer. That way, you will at least know that you should be getting good fuel to start with. I know that some on here use far more fuel a year than I do. I normally just use from 500 to 700 gallon a year, but I have it delivered from a high volume fuel dealer.

/ fuel problems or dirty fuel. #14  
I agree 100%!
I do not store my fuel in a tank. However, I could see a large quantity of fuel in a tank not getting used very frequently, would build up a considerable amount of moisture but if your fuel is mostly fresh it should be ok.
I do not pre-filter my fuel and I change my fuel filter when the service schedule calls for it.
Never a problem or a dirty filter.

/ fuel problems or dirty fuel. #15  
Well only sort of. The 5 gallon can I use has a screen in the nozzle, so anything about a grain of sand size, or even a little smaller, would get filtered out. I can tell you though, that I've never seen anything accumulate on it however. I think the fuel I get must be pretty clean to start with. If you're getting much accumulation in the tractor fuel filter bowl, I'd consider changing suppliers.