TC35A - Hard to shift

/ TC35A - Hard to shift #1  

Kreg

Tractor
TC35A
I have a new TC35A (12 hours). It is pretty gard to shift gears. I test-drove a TC40 and it was also hard-shifting. Are they all this way?

/ TC35A - Hard to shift #2  
What do you mean by hard shifting? Grinding of gears? Hard to move the lever? Are you coming to a complete stop when trying to shift?

Guy.

/ TC35A - Hard to shift
The lever is hard to move.

/ TC35A - Hard to shift
I am at a complete stop with the clutch fully depressed.

/ TC35A - Hard to shift #5  
I have a TC-35A and mine was the same way. It has 275 hours on now and it has loosend up. Spray a little penatrating oil at the base of the shift lever where it enters the transmission housing and put a little grease on all the metal surfaces that make contact with each other. My tractor sat outside at the dealer and this helped quite a bit.

/ TC35A - Hard to shift #6  
Kreg:
I've got a TC35, owned it for a couple of months now. Mine does not seem hard to shift, but that's a pretty subjective thing; how hard is hard?

For comparison, it is harder then the shuttle lever; I flip from forward to reverse, and back without thinking about it. Going from gear to gear isn't like that, but I've wondered if it's just the odd setup (having it on the column, wrong side - compared to cars, etc).

I purchased it used, with about 220 hours on it. I have no idea if it was stiffer when new or not, but I'd tend to agree with the post suggesting trying some penetrating oil.

Maybe we should try it with some kind of scale :)
Bruce.