Hydraulic oil change-1910 Ford 2WD

/ Hydraulic oil change-1910 Ford 2WD #1  

IHHI

Tractor
1910 Ford, 2400D series IH
The owners manual that I have only list's pump capacity@ 7.3 GPM not the required amount of oil. Anybody changed theirs and knows appox how much I'll need to refill this back to the correct level?
What about the manuel stating that you need to remove a plug under the filter and to crank the motor over a dozen times before you remove the filter. What's up with that?

Thanks, Joe.

/ Hydraulic oil change-1910 Ford 2WD #2  
The manual I have, an I&T Service Manual, lists the capacity at 28L or 29.6 U.S. quarts.

/ Hydraulic oil change-1910 Ford 2WD #3  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( The owners manual that I have only list's pump capacity@ 7.3 GPM not the required amount of oil. Anybody changed theirs and knows approx. how much I'll need to refill this back to the correct level?
What about the manual stating that you need to remove a plug under the filter and to crank the motor over a dozen times before you remove the filter. What's up with that?

Thanks, Joe. )</font>

I don't know if this applies, but I have an older Ingersoll Garden tractor that requires that I crank the engine to get all the hydraulic fluid out, as the stuff needs to be pumped out of the lines. I do not allow the engine to fire up, just let the starter do the work. A few seconds of cranking, let it drain, come back 10 minutes later and a few seconds cranking, let it drain and on and on.
Bob

/ Hydraulic oil change-1910 Ford 2WD #4  
If I read your post correctly you stated the flow rate of the pump ( 7.3 gallons per minute); not the capacity of the transmission.

/ Hydraulic oil change-1910 Ford 2WD #5  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( The manual I have, an I&T Service Manual, lists the capacity at 28L or 29.6 U.S. quarts. )</font>

What a coincidence! The pump flow is 7.3 GPM and the capacity is about 7.4 gallons. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

My TC45D has a pump flow of 9.6 GPM and the reservoir is about 9.6 gallons also. Maybe this is just the way the systems are designed.

/ Hydraulic oil change-1910 Ford 2WD #6  
<font color="blue"> What a coincidence! The pump flow is 7.3 GPM and the capacity is about 7.4 gallons.

My TC45D has a pump flow of 9.6 GPM and the reservoir is about 9.6 gallons also. Maybe this is just the way the systems are designed. </font>

Sorry Jim, but I have to bust that theory. My 1310 lists the pump capacity @ 6.3 GPM and the volume of fluid @ 7.15 gals. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif