Bolt Size

/ Bolt Size #1  

Iowachild

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota B2320HST
Does anyone know what size the bolts for the fixed drawbar on a Ford 1310 are? I'm sure they are metric, somewhere between 3/8" and 1/2", but I'm not at all good at eyeing metric sizes.

/ Bolt Size #2  
If someone doesn't tell you the size, do what I do. If it is metric, I always take another bolt out and take it with me so I can get the right size.

/ Bolt Size
Good suggestion Jerry,

My problems is I don't have any of the bolts. The machine came w/o the hitch and I bought a used one from Wengers. If no one has the answers for me, I'll just buy one of each size that looks real close and see what fits. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

/ Bolt Size #4  
<font color="blue"> If no one has the answers for me, I'll just buy one of each size that looks real close and see what fits. </font>
I have done that more than once too. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
I don't know how NH does their bolts, but they might be able to give you the size.

/ Bolt Size #5  
Your dealer should definately be able to look em up for you. Mine has done it for me several times.

/ Bolt Size
<font color="blue"> </font><font color="blue" class="small">( Your dealer should definately be able to look em up for you. Mine has done it for me several times. )</font> </font>

I agree. But I don't really have a dealer per se, (bought used off E-Bay) I'm 50 miles from the closest NH dealer and I don't like to bug business people for info when I don't plan to buy from them. I can get good quality bolts 1/2 mile from home. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Bolt Size #7  
Go to the nearby store, explain what the problem is, and they will probably sell you an assortment of sizes. Then you can take them home, figure out what fits, take the others back, and buy enough of what you need.

They will have made a small sale and a lot of good will to have you spread around the community. My local hardware does stuff like that all the time, especially with plumbing bits and pieces. They even take back sections of PVC pipe after you cut off what you need. You can also buy it by the foot, obviously.

/ Bolt Size
Hi Rich,

Actually I know the guy who owns the hardware store 1/2 mi. from me. He lives maybe 1/4 mile away. He would probably let me take a few to try then come back to buy what I need. He's done that with plumbing stuff before!

There are still some old fashioned business folk out there! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Bolt Size
Well, I now know that the bolts are M12 X 30 mm X 1.75 (that's the thread pitch I believe). I found another bolt on the machine that fit, then took it to the hardware store. Maybe this info will be of value to someone out there. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ Bolt Size #10  
Shoot if I lived that close, I would just drive it there and get them to let me take a few out to get the right size. Then you could just get the ones that you need.