Ford 1100 Tractor

/ Ford 1100 Tractor #1  

gokartjon

I inherited a 2wd Diesel 1100 series Ford tractor recently.

I would like to make it the main tractor that I use and I am looking for some information about attachments.

Is there or was there ever a belly mower made for this tractor?

Is there a loader that would fit this tractor?

Thanks,
Jon

/ Ford 1100 Tractor #2  
Welcome to TBN gokartjon,

If your tractor is an 1110, yes there was a mid-mount mower. It is model # 916 and is 48" wide. Also there was (is?) a 916A in 48'' and 60" widths. The Ford loader for this machine was an 768A or 768B. Wether or not nay of these are still available, I can't answer.

/ Ford 1100 Tractor #3  
I bought an 1100 a few months ago. It came with a Continental KTR 48 inch belly mower. Continental is now Ag-Meier, they still sell this mower (called a Thoroughbred model) and SSB Tractor has them on-line. This mower is built well and cuts well and the company was very helpful when I talked to them on the phone.

However, there is one major problem. Mounted on the tractor, the mower doesn't have much ground clearance at all. This isn't a 3 pt hitch adjustment issue...measure the distance from lowest spots of the belly of the tractor to the ground (sitting on a level concrete surface) then measure the height of the mower deck by itself...there's only about 2 and a half inches of difference, for this mower and my tractor. The parking brake lever will hit the mower deck if the mower deck is raised any further. (if you remove the lever, then you gain about another quarter inch or so before the deck hits the hydraulic lines and other stuff on the tractor belly). Now, I'm not mowing pasture, but my yard isn't a golf course either, so 2.5 inches ground clearance isn't acceptable to me. In fact, I'm considering doing some major modifications to this mower deck, to make it a rear-mount mower rather than a belly mower.

I hate to modify the mower but it kinda defeats the purpose of having a tractor. But if you live near Nashville, and would be interested in a decent used belly mower (knowing its limitations), perhaps we could work something out....although then I'd have to shell out for a rear finishing mower....

/ Ford 1100 Tractor #4  
gokartjon:
Welcome to TBN. I had a Ford 1100 4WD for 22 years. I agree with the other posts about its limited ground clearance for a MMM. I used a 40" rotary cutter off the rear to cut my 7A's of "lawn" and field without any clearance problems. I do not know your specific needs, but maybe you should consider a rear mounted finishing mower for your tractor. There are quite a few models and model sizes compatible with this size tractor. Good luck /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Jay

/ Ford 1100 Tractor #5  
I have a 1100 and have been using an rm59 woods mower. It runs it just fine. I have been using this system for 2 years without a problem. I am fixing to trade it in on larger tractor though. I am wanting to upgrade to a 72" finish mower.

/ Ford 1100 Tractor #6  
Hi Jon.

Where you located. I have a 916A, 60" in NE Ohio I'm not using.

Curt

/ Ford 1100 Tractor #7  
Hi Jon.

Where you located. I have a 916A, 60" in NE Ohio I'm not using.

Curt

/ Ford 1100 Tractor #8  
I bought an 1100 Ford 4x4 new in 83 with a 915 Ford belly mower. It's a 45" and mounts with a lot of special brackets that only fit a 1100. Since there is no front pto to drive it, it has a 90 degree gear box mounted behind the front bumper. I also have a 48" Woods RM-48 rear mount mower that does well. Still have the tractor but would consider parting with the belly mower.

/ Ford 1100 Tractor #9  
I bought an 1100 Ford 4x4 new in 83 with a 915 Ford belly mower. It's a 45" and mounts with a lot of special brackets that only fit a 1100. Since there is no front pto to drive it, it has a 90 degree gear box mounted behind the front bumper. I also have a 48" Woods RM-48 rear mount mower that does well. Still have the tractor but would consider parting with the belly mower.

/ Ford 1100 Tractor #10  
Ebay... with a loader.
I have a 4x4 out back that I am trying to figure a price on to sell to a friend. It doesn't get much use since I bought the 2555 JD, and hate to see it go to waste.

ebay