DX40 Loader 'Fast Dump' not fast at all

/ DX40 Loader 'Fast Dump' not fast at all #1  

KenVT

Bronze Member
Tractor
DX40 Case
DX40 Loader \'Fast Dump\' not fast at all

Does any one else feel that the quick dump on their loader is not fast, when I push the Joystick to the right, it hits the spot where the fast dump should start and doesn't get any faster, sometime if I move the control forward with the same motion it will then get faster, Is this normal?

also, The top speed on the DX40 is pretty slow, is there any way to speed this up a little?

Thanks,
Ken

/ DX40 Loader 'Fast Dump' not fast at all #2  
Re: DX40 Loader \'Fast Dump\' not fast at all

"Fast Dump" just allows the fluid to flow from one end of the cylinder to the other without going through the pump. It still needs to flow through the valve, so the speed will be affected by the load you have in the bucket -- the heavier the faster. Gravity moves the fluid in this mode.

Road speed of these machines is not high. My DX 29 is supposed to top out around 12 mph or so. It's a lot of weight, no springs, relatively little power compared to a car/pickup with much less weight. Mine, complete with the counterweight and loader, running empty, weighs about 4400 lb. That's a pretty heavy vehicle for 29 hp. Your's is probably another 1000 or so heavier, depending on how it's set up. High road speed plus a corner = potential rollover, which then leads to potential lawsuits in today's society. They are intentionally not fast on the road. Same thing for speed in the working ranges -- speed = rollover, especially on slanty terrain.