mid mount mower

/ mid mount mower #1  

Williecoyote

Tractor
TC33D
I was wondering if there is a certain way to mount the 3 blades for a 72' mid mount mower. (Other than the "grass side down", I figured that out.) There is no flat spot keyed notch on the bolt that holds the blades. Good example: / | /

/ mid mount mower
I was wondering if there is a certain way to mount the 3 blades for a 72' mid mount mower. (Other than the "grass side down", I figured that out.) There is no flat spot keyed notch on the bolt that holds the blades. Good example: / | /

/ mid mount mower #3  
It makes no difference on any mower I've seen. I alternate them 90 degrees apart -- l -- but I don't really have a good reason to.

/ mid mount mower #4  
It makes no difference on any mower I've seen. I alternate them 90 degrees apart -- l -- but I don't really have a good reason to.

/ mid mount mower #5  
I'm with Steve, it makes no difference and they probably creep over time because of the belt driving them.

I just replace the blades on my Woods rear mount, the manual calls for 175 Ft/lbs. That's a pull!

Curt

/ mid mount mower #6  
I'm with Steve, it makes no difference and they probably creep over time because of the belt driving them.

I just replace the blades on my Woods rear mount, the manual calls for 175 Ft/lbs. That's a pull!

Curt

/ mid mount mower #7  
I often have trouble with the fasteners seizing up on my mower. Anti-seize compound helps a little, but the tool that really made removing and replacing the blades quick and easy is an impact wrench. No more long wrenches and blocks of wood, and no more wreches slipping off.

/ mid mount mower #8  
I often have trouble with the fasteners seizing up on my mower. Anti-seize compound helps a little, but the tool that really made removing and replacing the blades quick and easy is an impact wrench. No more long wrenches and blocks of wood, and no more wreches slipping off.

/ mid mount mower #9  
I agree an impact wrench makes short work of taking them off and reinstalling the blades. I keep an extra set of sharpened blades hanging in the pole barn for quick changes whenever needed.

/ mid mount mower #10  
I agree an impact wrench makes short work of taking them off and reinstalling the blades. I keep an extra set of sharpened blades hanging in the pole barn for quick changes whenever needed.