Tractor
    TC33D

Default mid mount mower

I was wondering if there is a certain way to mount the 3 blades for a 72' mid mount mower. (Other than the "grass side down", I figured that out.) There is no flat spot keyed notch on the bolt that holds the blades. Good example: / | /

Tractor
    TC33D

Default mid mount mower

I was wondering if there is a certain way to mount the 3 blades for a 72' mid mount mower. (Other than the "grass side down", I figured that out.) There is no flat spot keyed notch on the bolt that holds the blades. Good example: / | /

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    TC33D

Default Re: mid mount mower

It makes no difference on any mower I've seen. I alternate them 90 degrees apart -- l -- but I don't really have a good reason to.

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    TC33D

It makes no difference on any mower I've seen. I alternate them 90 degrees apart -- l -- but I don't really have a good reason to.

Tractor
    Ford 1220, Case 245, Cub 1872, Cub 2284

I'm with Steve, it makes no difference and they probably creep over time because of the belt driving them.

I just replace the blades on my Woods rear mount, the manual calls for 175 Ft/lbs. That's a pull!

Curt

Tractor
    Ford 1220, Case 245, Cub 1872, Cub 2284

I'm with Steve, it makes no difference and they probably creep over time because of the belt driving them.

I just replace the blades on my Woods rear mount, the manual calls for 175 Ft/lbs. That's a pull!

Curt

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    TC33D

I often have trouble with the fasteners seizing up on my mower. Anti-seize compound helps a little, but the tool that really made removing and replacing the blades quick and easy is an impact wrench. No more long wrenches and blocks of wood, and no more wreches slipping off.

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    TC33D

I often have trouble with the fasteners seizing up on my mower. Anti-seize compound helps a little, but the tool that really made removing and replacing the blades quick and easy is an impact wrench. No more long wrenches and blocks of wood, and no more wreches slipping off.

Tractor
    TC-40D SS New Holland

I agree an impact wrench makes short work of taking them off and reinstalling the blades. I keep an extra set of sharpened blades hanging in the pole barn for quick changes whenever needed.

Tractor
    TC-40D SS New Holland

I agree an impact wrench makes short work of taking them off and reinstalling the blades. I keep an extra set of sharpened blades hanging in the pole barn for quick changes whenever needed.