Ford 555 backhoe leaking transmission oil ????

/ Ford 555 backhoe leaking transmission oil ???? #1  

lynn_florida

I was using my 555 backhoe today it has tranny with no clutch just forward and reverse lever. It started leaking oil out of access plate on tranny . The one with 4 bolts and plate comes off and you can see torque converter. Any ideas is it dead and how complicated to repair any suggestions will be helpful. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ Ford 555 backhoe leaking transmission oil ????
I was using my 555 backhoe today it has tranny with no clutch just forward and reverse lever. It started leaking oil out of access plate on tranny . The one with 4 bolts and plate comes off and you can see torque converter. Any ideas is it dead and how complicated to repair any suggestions will be helpful. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ Ford 555 backhoe leaking transmission oil ???? #3  
Sounds like the converter seal. Tractor may need splitting, and seal replaced. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

/ Ford 555 backhoe leaking transmission oil ???? #4  
Sounds like the converter seal. Tractor may need splitting, and seal replaced. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Do you think there will be a pump problem tractor had set for a while or just a bad seal ??? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Do you think there will be a pump problem tractor had set for a while or just a bad seal ??? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ Ford 555 backhoe leaking transmission oil ???? #7  
You won't really know until you either investigate futher, or split the tractor, and inspect the seal. You really nedd a Ford 555 expert to help you out here.

/ Ford 555 backhoe leaking transmission oil ???? #8  
You won't really know until you either investigate futher, or split the tractor, and inspect the seal. You really nedd a Ford 555 expert to help you out here.