Made in Japan!

/ Made in Japan! #1  

JimBinMI

Veteran Member
Tractor
2015 Kubota BX25D-1, New Holland TZ18DA
Hey all,

As the proud owner of a New Holland TC18 I just thought that I should attempt to correct some information that I've posted here...if it matters to anyone.

I've posted that New Holland TC's are at least partially assembled at a new plant in Dublin, Georgia. I'm sure that this is true, but not for at least my tractor. On the front bumper of my TC18 there is a plate that gives serial #, model #, etc. it also says "Made in Japan". This may or may not be the only model made there or maybe in mid '99 it was but it's not now, don't know for sure.

If it is made in Japan by Shibaura for New Holland, it's in good company. At the Shibaura website they listed the following:

"Ishikawajima-Shibaura Machinery Co. Ltd. (ISM)
ISM is a leading producer of Diesel engines, Agricultural Machinery, Lawn Maintenance Machinery and Powertools. Most customers of ISM Tokyo are leading companies in their market. Since 1987 ISM has a joint-venture with Perkins for the production of the Perkins 100-series engines.
ISM is, among others producing for Ford New Holland, Honda, Stihl, MTD, Ransomes and Yanmar."

I'd be interested to know from other New Holland TC owners if their bumpers have this plate and what it says for "Made In".

JimBinMI

We boys and our toys!

/ Made in Japan! #2  
Jim,
I somewhat given up on where things are made now a days. /w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif

Example,my new Chevy pick/up not 100% USA nor may Maytag washer and dryer or my coffee maker/w3tcompact/icons/shocked.gif etc... but stamped Made in the USA.
I wonder how many of us are 100% USA made. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

I guess like they say read the fine print./w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

Have a great weekend and stay /w3tcompact/icons/cool.gif

Thomas..NH

/ Made in Japan! #3  
Jim: the nameplates on my loader, backhoe, and tractor (TC33D) all say Made in USA.

/ Made in Japan! #4  
TC 25 and 7308 loader both say "Made in USA"

Al

/ Made in Japan! #5  
The TC40's just arrived and are labeled "Made in U.S.A." on the engine with model and serial number. One on the lot and one in the shop getting the LA16 loader and controls installed. Fit and finish is excellent. Coastline of Everett, WA. got two gear's with the deluxe 3 point arms on back and folding ROP'S.
My digital camera went on the blink, so was stuck with the old Pentex. Will post pictures when developed.
I did notice for the first time that the tach is labeled for both the gear PTO range in green and the HST PTO rpm range in red. Cost saving I guess. It does look like a jacked up CJ5 Jeep without the loader installed. Shorter and taller than what I'm use to looking at in the same Horse power range of colors.
Japan engine and blue paint still look better than purple or white or black. /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

"What is a weed? A plant whose virtues have not yet been discovered."
Ralph Waldo Emerson (1803-1882)

/ Made in Japan! #6  
I think it's sort like pork and beans. How much pork has to be put in to call it pork and beans? Not much, I think. 'Made in USA' probably means that a unit wasn't shipped through customs needing only dealer prep before sales.

The way manufacturing is organized now, I'm not sure it's possible that something containing more than a dozen parts or so could be made in any one place. I imagine us consumers will be real thrilled when the new fuel costs for shipping millions of widgets all over the world work their way through to the showroom. And, then we have to pay more transportation costs when we fix things through 'just-in-time' parts inventories.

But I know I shouldn't comment since I don't have a TC. For what it's worth, my Ford 1710 says made in Japan here and there.

/ Made in Japan! #7  
Made in the USA or Assembled in the USA. I find it hard to believe that every part on the tractor is made in the USA. I wish all the pieces were made in the USA and assembled in the USA (would it be pretty expensive??). It would like to see a tag or peice of paper giving the percent of were the pieces are from. Just a hope full thought.

/ Made in Japan! #8  
My Ford 1220 says made in Japan, I know it's not a Boomer.
Tom

/ Made in Japan! #9  
In the bicycle industry, if a frame is painted in the USA and has decals applied here, it can be called "Made in USA". Maybe it is the same for tractors. I KNOW because I have looked under the hood that the "Made in USA" John Deere compacts (4200 and larger) have engines and transmissions that say right on them "Made in Japan".

/ Made in Japan! #10  
I haven't noticed anything on my JD5210 about where it is made except the 3pth says "Made in Italy". Later this week I will be changing the oil and filters so I will look for other "Made in ?"