TC33D hydraulic cooler hose failure

/ TC33D hydraulic cooler hose failure #1  

rollingacres

Tractor
TC33D
My TC33D must have high back pressure on the hydraulic system as the hoses on both sides of small hydraulic cooler burst. three times now in hot summer weather. Dealer has installed stronger rubber elbow hoses and hydraulic filter with larger micron size and the elbow hoses still burst. I understand this is a common problem and will be worse in winter. I could not find any posts for this problem.

Any ideas on how to fix this would be appreciated.

I am also considering trading in for an equivalent kubota (L3400 or L3430), to increase reliability. Your comments would be appreciated.

I like my TC33D, with 370 hours, but am fearful of more repair bills in the future

/ TC33D hydraulic cooler hose failure
My TC33D must have high back pressure on the hydraulic system as the hoses on both sides of small hydraulic cooler burst. three times now in hot summer weather. Dealer has installed stronger rubber elbow hoses and hydraulic filter with larger micron size and the elbow hoses still burst. I understand this is a common problem and will be worse in winter. I could not find any posts for this problem.

Any ideas on how to fix this would be appreciated.

I am also considering trading in for an equivalent kubota (L3400 or L3430), to increase reliability. Your comments would be appreciated.

I like my TC33D, with 370 hours, but am fearful of more repair bills in the future

/ TC33D hydraulic cooler hose failure #3  
I'm sure I'm not qualified to make a fix, but I'm wondering if you could tell us the symptoms, if any, before and during the problem.

Do you get a lot of times when the pressure relief valves are tripped and you can't operate, say the loader, or 3pt any more?

Do you remember ANY times when you hit pressure relief?

It sounds as though the PR valves are not working, and when you do something that raises the pressure, it goes beyond the limit with nothing to relieve it.

I can't imagine any other reason, or that it is a common thing to the TC33D. That is a good tractor, and this is the first time I've heard anything about this problem. Of course, I don't spend a lot of time on their forum, but I do hear a lot about all brands.
John

/ TC33D hydraulic cooler hose failure #4  
I'm sure I'm not qualified to make a fix, but I'm wondering if you could tell us the symptoms, if any, before and during the problem.

Do you get a lot of times when the pressure relief valves are tripped and you can't operate, say the loader, or 3pt any more?

Do you remember ANY times when you hit pressure relief?

It sounds as though the PR valves are not working, and when you do something that raises the pressure, it goes beyond the limit with nothing to relieve it.

I can't imagine any other reason, or that it is a common thing to the TC33D. That is a good tractor, and this is the first time I've heard anything about this problem. Of course, I don't spend a lot of time on their forum, but I do hear a lot about all brands.
John

/ TC33D hydraulic cooler hose failure #5  
If my memory serves me correctly there is a kit to eliminate this problem. Don't know if there are metallic elbows in the kit but it would make sense since that is how the Class III machines are plumbed. I would think you might find a quicker answer should a moderator decide to place this post in NH related.

/ TC33D hydraulic cooler hose failure #6  
If my memory serves me correctly there is a kit to eliminate this problem. Don't know if there are metallic elbows in the kit but it would make sense since that is how the Class III machines are plumbed. I would think you might find a quicker answer should a moderator decide to place this post in NH related.

/ TC33D hydraulic cooler hose failure #7  
This is a known and common problem with the hoses, it has nothing to do with high back pressure and is not indicative of more problems to come. No need to replace your tractor. Your dealer should know there's a fix for this problem which includes different hard lines that allow replacing the elbows with straight hoses. It's been available since at least last November. Total Cost is approximately $75

Qty Description Part Number

1 Rigid Tube 87304506

1 Rigid Tube 87304509

2 Hoses 87345854

1 Roll of Conduit 87333678

/ TC33D hydraulic cooler hose failure #8  
This is a known and common problem with the hoses, it has nothing to do with high back pressure and is not indicative of more problems to come. No need to replace your tractor. Your dealer should know there's a fix for this problem which includes different hard lines that allow replacing the elbows with straight hoses. It's been available since at least last November. Total Cost is approximately $75

Qty Description Part Number

1 Rigid Tube 87304506

1 Rigid Tube 87304509

2 Hoses 87345854

1 Roll of Conduit 87333678

/ TC33D hydraulic cooler hose failure #9  
On my 7610s, the hyd oil cooler lines are 2-wire hyd hose... and have looks in the hose, vs angle fittings.

Soundguy

/ TC33D hydraulic cooler hose failure #10  
On my 7610s, the hyd oil cooler lines are 2-wire hyd hose... and have looks in the hose, vs angle fittings.

Soundguy