New Holland Spec M2C134 =Multi-G 134 Fluid (NH-410B)?

/ New Holland Spec M2C134 =Multi-G 134 Fluid (NH-410B)? #1  

Doc_Bob

Elite Member
Tractor
2003 NH TN70A
Very esoteric question.

Does New Holland Spec M2C134 =Multi-G 134 Fluid (NH-410B)??? I have a NH dealer who gets his hydraulic fluid from US Oil. The dealer tells me that the THP (name of fluid) is the same as the NH hydraulic fluid spec Multi-G 134 Fluid (NH-410B). The sales rep at US Oil sent me a note saying they are the same spec.

I ask here, since the world of hydraulic fluid equivalencies is so complex and mind-boggling. My goal is to change the 11 gallons of hydraulic fluid on my TN 70A. I just want to do no harm.

Any help would of course be appreciated.
Bob

/ New Holland Spec M2C134 =Multi-G 134 Fluid (NH-410B)?
The answer is..........................

Multi-G 134 Fluid (NH-410B) has a New Holland Spec of M2C134D. It is
what should be used in an TN70A hydraulic system!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

/ New Holland Spec M2C134 =Multi-G 134 Fluid (NH-410B)? #3  
Bob, I'm certainly no expert in this area, but to me Multi-G seems to imply multi-grade (multi-viscosity), sort of like what the MC200 fluid was supposed to be. The old Ford (and then New Holland) M2C134 was defineately not multi-grade and I thought that is why they came out with the all-weather 200 version. I'm still confused!

djradz said:
Bob, I'm certainly no expert in this area, but to me Multi-G seems to imply multi-grade (multi-viscosity), sort of like what the MC200 fluid was supposed to be. The old Ford (and then New Holland) M2C134 was defineately not multi-grade and I thought that is why they came out with the all-weather 200 version. I'm still confused!

I agree with being confused, I am confused :confused: . I have researched this issue until I am "blue" (pun intended) in the face.

Dealer agrees with manufacturer who agrees with NH. I will try to scan and post what i have tonight and let everyone read what I have. maybe a few more eyes will help.
Bob

PS Do you have a source for M2C134 not being multigrade that I can review?

/ New Holland Spec M2C134 =Multi-G 134 Fluid (NH-410B)? #5  
What's important is M2C134D specification. It's sort of like 10W40 motor oil. It doesnt' matter if it's Valvoline or Mobile, it's supposed to work the same.

I use Valvoline Premium UTF mainly because I can get it at my local NAPA versus 25 miles to the closest NH dealer. Take a look at the attached PDF. Check out the section about 1/3 down the page where it tells what manufacturers specs this UTF meets.

Attachments

• Valvoline Premium Universal Tractor Fluid.pdf
    12.8 KB · Views: 9,076
chanceu said:
What's important is M2C134D specification. It's sort of like 10W40 motor oil. It doesnt' matter if it's Valvoline or Mobile, it's supposed to work the same.

I use Valvoline Premium UTF mainly because I can get it at my local NAPA versus 25 miles to the closest NH dealer. Take a look at the attached PDF. Check out the section about 1/3 down the page where it tells what manufacturers specs this UTF meets.

Thanks!
Bob

/ New Holland Spec M2C134 =Multi-G 134 Fluid (NH-410B)? #7  
Very esoteric question.

Does New Holland Spec M2C134 =Multi-G 134 Fluid (NH-410B)??? I have a NH dealer who gets his hydraulic fluid from US Oil. The dealer tells me that the THP (name of fluid) is the same as the NH hydraulic fluid spec Multi-G 134 Fluid (NH-410B). The sales rep at US Oil sent me a note saying they are the same spec.

I ask here, since the world of hydraulic fluid equivalencies is so complex and mind-boggling. My goal is to change the 11 gallons of hydraulic fluid on my TN 70A. I just want to do no harm.

Any help would of course be appreciated.
Bob

Cenex Qwiklift HTB Tractor Hydraulic Fluid is recommended when the following manufacturers, specifications, or performance levels are called for: Ford/New Holland: Ambra Multi-G 134 Fluid (MAT 3525, NH 410B),
Ambra MasterTran (MAT 3505, NH-410C), FNHA-2-C-200/201.00, ESN-M2C134-D, M2C41B, M2C48B/C, M2C53A/B, M2C86B, M2C159B/C

Tractor Hydraulic Fluid - Cross References available at ourcoop.com/productcatalog/Main/PdfViewer.aspx?el=86986 NOTE: Type www in front of ourcoop. This blog will not let me post a link since this is my 1st post.

Attachments

• Tractor Hydraulic Fluid - Cross References.pdf
    48.8 KB · Views: 3,281