TN shuttle trouble code

/ TN shuttle trouble code #1  

Rowski

Veteran Member
Tractor
2004 New Holland TN70DA with 32LC loader, 2000 New Holland 2120 with Curtis cab, 7309 loader
Hello all!

Its been a while. The TN70DA has been doing great untill tonite. Was using the tractor and the T-8 Harley rake spreading some rock fines. Got off the tractor, shut it down as usual. Did some hand work for about 1/2 hr. Started up and the tractor wouldn't move. The hydraulic shuttle trouble light was on. After about 40ish seconds the trouble code light flashes a code 82. Once the the code starts to flash the tractor will move. I do notice that during the 40ish seconds I can hear a solenoid or relay making some noise till the trouble code flashes. I did turn of the a/c so its not the a/c compressor relay. I did have a problem with my seat switch giving some trouble in the late wiinter. I jumped it with a paper clip to keep the beeper from blowing out ears. It didn't have an effect on the shuttle system at that time.

So what's a code 82?

If the tractor moves and seems normal any harm in using it?

Thanks for your help!

/ TN shuttle trouble code
I've been waiting for the dealer to return my call. The head service guy is out and the weather finally broke here, farmers are in full hay mode trying to make up lost time. Keep the service department very busy.

I'm not in a real rush, just would like to know what the code stands for and is it harmfull to drive/use.

Anyboby??

/ TN shuttle trouble code #3  
Rowski said:
I've been waiting for the dealer to return my call. The head service guy is out and the weather finally broke here, farmers are in full hay mode trying to make up lost time. Keep the service department very busy.

I'm not in a real rush, just would like to know what the code stands for and is it harmfull to drive/use.

Anyboby??

Derek

I don't know for sure, but I've had a few codes and called my dealer. In all cases he told me (and I believe him) that they refered to calibration and I would not do any harm continuing to use the tractor. In my opinion unless the tractor does not seem to operate right I would use it.

Andy

/ TN shuttle trouble code #4  
Your error code is transmission pressure switch is not sending a signal to the computer box within 5 seconds ( I think it is 5 seconds ) of start up. Most likly a defective switch. It is located in front of your left rear axle housing and above the L at rear of the fuel tank. I have replaced several of these switchs in the past. You will have to remove left rear tire to reach it.

/ TN shuttle trouble code #5  
I removed the LR wheel the first time I changed one of those switches. The next several I changed from below. 22MM hex on the switch if I remember.

/ TN shuttle trouble code
Thanks, AndyMA, whitetiger, and RickB.

I got the switch (delivered) yesterday. Installed it last night. I did remove the loaded rear wheel (2 people). I looked and thought I could get it from underneath. But in my day job (automotive technicain) I'm working in cramped quarters all the time were you can not remove items easily to give easier access. Anyways... the switch fixed the problem.

I did disconnect the switch and checked for trouble code. Got a code 81.

Code 82 connected with the old switch, disconnected switch gets code 81. So I would think code 82 is for shorted switch and code 82 for open switch?

What does this switch measure for pressure and what is its purpose?

To hot to work outside this weekend... I'll rotory cut 10 acres!

Thanks

/ TN shuttle trouble code #7  
81 is open circuit for this switch
82 is short to 5 or 12V for the switch

The switch is for safety purposes. It closes when the pressure falls below 150 psi in the power shuttle control valve. It cycles when the dump valve cycles and tells the power shuttle controller that everything is Kosher.