Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 23
  1. #11
    Epic Contributor Soundguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    47,543
    Location
    Central florida
    Tractor
    ym1700, NH7610S, Ford 8N, 2N, NAA, 660, 850 x2, 541, 950, 941D, 951, 2000, 3000, 4000, 4600, 5000, 740, IH 'C' 'H', CUB, John Deere 'B', allis 'G', case VAC

    Default Re: Generic Substitute for NH 134 Hydraulic Oil?

    Quote Originally Posted by Doc_Bob
    I can get NH fluid for 33 for a 5 gallon pail local dealer. Most of the time it is 45.00 / 5 gallons
    Bob

    Wow.. nh 134d fluid for 33$.. darn...that's a great deal..

    soundguy

  2. #12
    Elite Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    3,059
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Tractor
    2003 NH TN70A

    Default Re: Generic Substitute for NH 134 Hydraulic Oil?

    Quote Originally Posted by Soundguy
    Wow.. nh 134d fluid for 33$.. darn...that's a great deal..

    soundguy
    Yep, but the great deal cost me hours of trying to find the great deal. I bought and returned Hytran Plus from the Case dealer. 40 miles to buy and 40 miles to return. 80 miles. Figure 50 cents a mile? So wasted 40 dollars. Then, 40 miles round trip to get the "deal". Another 20 dollars wasted. So, 60 dollars to get a good deal. So, maybe more like 53 dollars a for 5 gallons???
    Bob

    PS And I don't even count the time spent researching, calling and driving. I don't thnk I can afford any more good deals . But I did learn a lot. And I did have fun .

  3. #13
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    7,344
    Location
    Northeast, Ohio
    Tractor
    TC-40D SS New Holland

    Default Re: Generic Substitute for NH 134 Hydraulic Oil?

    Bob what's your local dealers name, or phone? I might just use our UPS account and have some delivered here for an upcoming hydro oil change.


  4. #14
    Epic Contributor Soundguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    47,543
    Location
    Central florida
    Tractor
    ym1700, NH7610S, Ford 8N, 2N, NAA, 660, 850 x2, 541, 950, 941D, 951, 2000, 3000, 4000, 4600, 5000, 740, IH 'C' 'H', CUB, John Deere 'B', allis 'G', case VAC

    Default Re: Generic Substitute for NH 134 Hydraulic Oil?

    Quote Originally Posted by Doc_Bob
    Yep, but the great deal cost me hours of trying to find the great deal. I bought and returned Hytran Plus from the Case dealer. 40 miles to buy and 40 miles to return. 80 miles. Figure 50 cents a mile? So wasted 40 dollars. Then, 40 miles round trip to get the "deal". Another 20 dollars wasted. So, 60 dollars to get a good deal. So, maybe more like 53 dollars a for 5 gallons???
    Bob

    PS And I don't even count the time spent researching, calling and driving. I don't thnk I can afford any more good deals . But I did learn a lot. And I did have fun .
    I think I might have bought 5-10 pails and had enough for a year or two of oil changes.. that's a great price..

    Soundguy

  5. #15
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    7,344
    Location
    Northeast, Ohio
    Tractor
    TC-40D SS New Holland

    Default Re: Generic Substitute for NH 134 Hydraulic Oil?

    Come on Bob share that dealer info with us so we can all save a buck or two. I'm really interested.


  6. #16
    Elite Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    3,059
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Tractor
    2003 NH TN70A

    Default Re: Generic Substitute for NH 134 Hydraulic Oil?

    Quote Originally Posted by PineRidge
    Come on Bob share that dealer info with us so we can all save a buck or two. I'm really interested.
    Well, when I get back, I will do just that. I am at a meeting at Mackinac Island right now. "Somewhere in time". Grand Hotel is just as nice as they say. rained some this afternoon. Later!
    Bob

  7. #17
    Elite Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    3,059
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Tractor
    2003 NH TN70A

    Default Re: Generic Substitute for NH 134 Hydraulic Oil?

    Quote Originally Posted by Doc_Bob
    Well, when I get back, I will do just that. I am at a meeting at Mackinac Island right now. "Somewhere in time". Grand Hotel is just as nice as they say. rained some this afternoon. Later!
    Bob
    Some nice pics of Mackinac Island and Grand Hotel.

    DSC00833.JPG

    DSC00864.JPG

  8. #18
    Veteran Member daTeacha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    2,352
    Location
    Funk, Ohio

    Default Re: Generic Substitute for NH 134 Hydraulic Oil?

    I noticed that someone posted about Hytran Plus. My 55 hour old DX29 specifies Hytran Ultra. Does anyone know if the NH 134 meets the same standards as Hytran Ultra, which meets Case standard MS1209? I've had very little luck locating anything cheaper than the $10 per gallon dealer price for oil meeting this standard. Even TSC oil that says it meets the standard is so close in price as to not make any difference.
    Rich
    300 hours on the DX29, 850 on the JD 240 and too many to count on the Cadet
    Funk, Ohio

  9. #19
    Elite Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    3,059
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Tractor
    2003 NH TN70A

    Default Re: Generic Substitute for NH 134 Hydraulic Oil?

    Quote Originally Posted by daTeacha
    I noticed that someone posted about Hytran Plus. My 55 hour old DX29 specifies Hytran Ultra. Does anyone know if the NH 134 meets the same standards as Hytran Ultra, which meets Case standard MS1209? I've had very little luck locating anything cheaper than the $10 per gallon dealer price for oil meeting this standard. Even TSC oil that says it meets the standard is so close in price as to not make any difference.
    I know that i was told that the Hytran Ultra is a no go in my NH TN70A and I will assume the opposite is true, 134 is a no go in place of Hytran.
    Bob

  10. #20
    Epic Contributor Soundguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    47,543
    Location
    Central florida
    Tractor
    ym1700, NH7610S, Ford 8N, 2N, NAA, 660, 850 x2, 541, 950, 941D, 951, 2000, 3000, 4000, 4600, 5000, 740, IH 'C' 'H', CUB, John Deere 'B', allis 'G', case VAC

    Default Re: Generic Substitute for NH 134 Hydraulic Oil?

    Quote Originally Posted by daTeacha
    I noticed that someone posted about Hytran Plus. My 55 hour old DX29 specifies Hytran Ultra. Does anyone know if the NH 134 meets the same standards as Hytran Ultra, which meets Case standard MS1209? I've had very little luck locating anything cheaper than the $10 per gallon dealer price for oil meeting this standard. Even TSC oil that says it meets the standard is so close in price as to not make any difference.

    Check the 'mystic' UTF oil TSC carries.. JT-5 or something.. see what it's specs are.

    Soundguy

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
© 2014 TractorByNet.com. TractorByNet is a registered trademark of IMC Digital Universe, Inc. Other trademarks on this page are the property of their respective owners.