Generic Substitute for NH 134 Hydraulic Oil?

/ Generic Substitute for NH 134 Hydraulic Oil? #21  
CNH says never mix Hytran & 134 more than 10%.

daTeacha said:
I noticed that someone posted about Hytran Plus. My 55 hour old DX29 specifies Hytran Ultra. Does anyone know if the NH 134 meets the same standards as Hytran Ultra, which meets Case standard MS1209? I've had very little luck locating anything cheaper than the $10 per gallon dealer price for oil meeting this standard. Even TSC oil that says it meets the standard is so close in price as to not make any difference.

/ Generic Substitute for NH 134 Hydraulic Oil? #22  
I for one am not putting our hydro in jeopardy by saving a couple of bucks on the hydraulic oil. Sometimes it's better to be safe than sorry.

/ Generic Substitute for NH 134 Hydraulic Oil? #23  
DocBob

When you get that dealers name send it to me also. I am always over in Wisconsin and would not mind picking some up for my TC29D.

murph

/ Generic Substitute for NH 134 Hydraulic Oil? #24  
I can get NH fluid for 33 for a 5 gallon pail local dealer. Most of the time it is 45.00 / 5 gallons
Bob

WOW at Walmart here in the "great northeast" it's 48.42 and TSC its 41.99 and forget about the local Napa it's over 60 bucks. They say that 134 hydraulic oil is thinner than most so I'm reluctant to use anything else unless they state it's comparable?
Chet New Holland 1715

/ Generic Substitute for NH 134 Hydraulic Oil? #25  
I tend to agree, those pumps aren't cheap! Better off spending 20 bucks more for the right stuff in my book.

/ Generic Substitute for NH 134 Hydraulic Oil? #26  
chestr, you realize those prices are almost 14 years old. Bill C