Generic Substitute for NH 134 Hydraulic Oil?

/ Generic Substitute for NH 134 Hydraulic Oil? #1  

VAChesterfield

Bronze Member
Tractor
NH TC 30 9x3 with Rhino FEL
It’s time to service my TC 30 again, and my supply of NH 134 Hydraulic Oil is insufficient to handle the service --- so it’s time to buy more. However, I’d like to buy a generic, and therefore cheaper, oil, but don’t know what to buy. Or even if it’s advisable to switch to a cheaper oil.

The tractor just rolled over 300 hours.

/ Generic Substitute for NH 134 Hydraulic Oil? #2  
If you have a TSC nere you they have what you need. I run there hyd fluid im my tc45.

/ Generic Substitute for NH 134 Hydraulic Oil? #3  
Also i get all my filters, air ,oil, etc. at carquest there cheaper and closer than the dealer. Napa also has filters for NH too. I was told by the service forman at my NH dealer to change the fuel filter each time you change your engine oil. There cheap and helps keep the inj. clean dont forget to fill the filter with diesel additive too.

/ Generic Substitute for NH 134 Hydraulic Oil? #4  
VAChesterfield said:
It’s time to service my TC 30 again, and my supply of NH 134 Hydraulic Oil is insufficient to handle the service --- so it’s time to buy more. However, I’d like to buy a generic, and therefore cheaper, oil, but don’t know what to buy. Or even if it’s advisable to switch to a cheaper oil.

The tractor just rolled over 300 hours.

I used the TSC UTF for 3.5 years with NO problems. I've now switched to the Walmart UTF for the last year and a half.. again.. no problems.

Soundguy

/ Generic Substitute for NH 134 Hydraulic Oil?
Thanks guys. I have a TSC, NAPA, and Wal-Mart all nearby (and lots closer than my NH dealer) so I'll be checking out all three.

/ Generic Substitute for NH 134 Hydraulic Oil? #6  
TSC has the 6g for 5g price right now. And walmart is generally the cheapest for 5g.. so I would think it is between those 2.

Soundguy

/ Generic Substitute for NH 134 Hydraulic Oil? #7  
Soundguy said:
TSC has the 6g for 5g price right now. And walmart is generally the cheapest for 5g.. so I would think it is between those 2.

Soundguy

What does it cost for 6 gallons?
Bob

/ Generic Substitute for NH 134 Hydraulic Oil? #9  
TBDonnelly said:
TSC has the 6g for 5g price right now.

In Michigan TSC has 5.5 gallons for the 5 gallon price.

Don

Ok.. just called TSC.. 34.98 for their pails of UTF here in florida. That's the 5g price.. but will cover the larger pails 'while supplies last.

At my local walmart the 5g pails of UTF now cost 31.62 ( I remember when they were 17.77 .. I bought enough to do my ford 5000 and NH 7610s. They each take int he 40+ qt range to change.. etc. )

I'm sure pricing is regional.. so call around..

Soundguy

/ Generic Substitute for NH 134 Hydraulic Oil? #10  
Soundguy said:
Ok.. just called TSC.. 34.98 for their pails of UTF here in florida. That's the 5g price.. but will cover the larger pails 'while supplies last.

At my local walmart the 5g pails of UTF now cost 31.62
I'm sure pricing is regional.. so call around..

Soundguy

I can get NH fluid for 33 for a 5 gallon pail local dealer. Most of the time it is 45.00 / 5 gallons
Bob