injector pump oil?

/ injector pump oil? #21  
I just changed the engine oil in my 1710. The components are nearly identical except that my tractor doesn't have threaded plugs in the drain hole or level hole as indicated by this photo. The fill plug is the same but those (other two) spaces seem to be sealed from the factory. There are indentations but nothing indicates that these spots are meant to be serviced.

Any 1710 owners have this same plug on their injector pump?

Kent,

Take a close up picture of side front and rear of the injector and may be we can come up with some suggestion. On the one pictured above on post #20, even if you did not have the level and drain hole one can loosen the cover in the back (not all the way) and drain the oil with the cracked open plate on the bottom. Exactly 2 oz of oil from top and I can see oil is about to come our of the level hole with tractor parked on level ground.

JC,

/ injector pump oil? #22  
How did you remove the breather cap to pour in the new oil? My cap does not screw on--it just spins when I tried to screw it off. If you can help me with this I would really appreciate it. Thanks. (My Ford 1700 tractor is about 35 years old).
Ken

/ injector pump oil? #23  
How did you remove the breather cap to pour in the new oil? My cap does not screw on--it just spins when I tried to screw it off. If you can help me with this I would really appreciate it. Thanks. (My Ford 1700 tractor is about 35 years old).
Ken

Ken, there is a large hex plug on top of the pump to fill it (76). Two small plugs on the side; one for checking level(44), in the middle and one at the bottom for draining. See the image.

ForumRunner_20150701_203355.png

/ injector pump oil? #24  
Ken

Ken,
Below is a picture of breather cap removed. The cap does spin freely. there is a nut, I thin it was 10 or 12 mm. what you need is to use a box wrench and loosen the bolt to take the breather off. I think I use a very small crescent wrench to do it.

JC,

/ injector pump oil? #25  
Thank you so much. I did not see the hex nut. You have really helped me solve this problem!

/ injector pump oil? #26  
My pleasure. Happy and safe 4tth of July to all.

/ injector pump oil? #28  
What weight oil did everyone use?
Just use the same oil you would use for crankcase. That's what the Owner manual calls. I use Rotella, 15W40 and that's what I use for injector pump. It is just about 2 oz of oil.

JC,