injector pump oil?

/ injector pump oil? #1  

Deaf

Silver Member
Tractor
Ford New Holland
Greetings,

I have a 1215 Ford and just read a post about the 1700 requiring Oiling the injector pump each season? This is the 1st I have read about this. My books saying nothing about this for the 1215 model. Can someone explain in more detail?

Thanks

/ injector pump oil? #2  
Good question I had a 1980 1700 myself, and used it almost daily till 1996 when I traded. I didn't ever oil the pump,. I don't remember seeing that as maint either. So I too am looking forward to whats posted.
Al

/ injector pump oil? #3  
Deaf said:
Greetings,

I have a 1215 Ford and just read a post about the 1700 requiring Oiling the injector pump each season? This is the 1st I have read about this. My books saying nothing about this for the 1215 model. Can someone explain in more detail?

Thanks

I'm mechanically inclined but new to tractors. I bought a 1700 and the injector pump is gear type positive displacement type of a pump. It puts out about 2000 Psi @ some flow?? to injectors. The governor Assembly is on the pump shaft and the pump mechanism is in a oil bath, same as crankcase. All Sihbuara SP? tractor with mechanical injector pump, there is a fill cap on top, drain on the bottom and a level hole in the middle. You Drain the oil by opening the bottom screw and then opening the top fill. when you're done , you then close the bottom hole and fill from top till oil comes out of the level hole. pretty simple. my oil was bit dirty but not at all as bad as crankcase. I think they recommend changing it every 300 hrs. my tractor has 900 hrs and I reckon never it was changed. You certainly don't want the pump run dry, would be same as engine running with no crankcase oil.

ford1700cr9.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

/ injector pump oil? #4  
Wow certainly looks framiliar
Wish i had known that when I had it.
The 1700 was a great strong tractor for me.Hope you have as much luck.

/ injector pump oil? #5  
Bedlam said:
Wow certainly looks familiar
Wish i had known that when I had it.
The 1700 was a great strong tractor for me.Hope you have as much luck.

Thank you,

I really like this little tractor,although I do not have much experience with it. All the components of it work just fine , 900 hrs and in a pretty good shape. I have garden in town and put out quite a bit of bounty each growing season. I am kind of city slicker farm boy wanna be. Would like to retire on a farm and grow stuff. would enjoy it immensely as long as don't have to make money at it to survive.

dsc03407yq6.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

/ injector pump oil? #6  
Not bad looking. Mine was 4 wheel drive. which I needed for my needs.
I remember looking at the brochure. Like a little kid. It took about a year before I made the decision. I was building a house and I knew it was a better investment than a pickup truck I was right I paid just over 9000. dollars and that was with the loader and four wheel drive
power steering was another 380 dollars. when I trades to the 1720 in 1996 or so I got 8000 trade in for it. I took good care of it and it served me well.No major troubles with it.
Good luck with it.Hope you get to the retirement phase and do make a profit.
Allan

/ injector pump oil? #7  
Bedlam said:
Not bad looking. Mine was 4 wheel drive. which I needed for my needs.
Good luck with it.Hope you get to the retirement phase and do make a profit.
Allan

Thanks Allan,

I paid $3100 for it. I bought it from a guy at work that had it for 12 years being the second owner and first owner across the street that had it for 12 or 13 years. What size of implement did you use? I'm planning to buy a king cutter bottom buster for and a C tine cultivator. Bought a king Kutter Carry all with 1000 lbs capacity to carry stuff around my 20 acres. I'd like to make /cultivate couple of rows each about 100 feet long and 4 ft wide to grow stuff. Is that enough tractor for the task? what size of rotary cutter did you use? Can this thing pull a 6 ft brush(bush) hog? I have about 12 acres of field and 10 acres of timber. How long would you think it should take me to mow it.

Thanks a lot,
Jetro

/ injector pump oil?
Thanks for the info. Man, how could I have missed that? I will be sure to change it this weekend. My 1215 4x4 FEL had 920 hours when I got it two years ago and now has 1050 so I do not use it much but when I do its all day bush hogging food plots and atv trails. Only regret is not getting power steering, you sure get a work out with out it. My wife figured out a trick to make it easier. She uses the FEL to left the front wheels off the ground then turns and lowers them. I started doing the same. It seems to take a lot of strain off the steering components. Thanks for the help.

Mark (deaf)

/ injector pump oil? #9  
Deaf said:
Thanks for the info. Man, how could I have missed that?
Mark (deaf)

You are very welcome, just a bit more info:)