Temp Gauge For Non-Deluxe TCs

/ Temp Gauge For Non-Deluxe TCs #1  

Anonymous Poster

Has anyone installed a temp gauge on a standard TC? Is it as simple as buying the gauge and plugging it in? I'm not sure if NH has the other parts for the engine already there, or if those pieces would have to be purchased and installed also.

/ Temp Gauge For Non-Deluxe TCs #2  
Could you plug the temp gauge up to the sending unit for the idiot light, or would the sending unit have to be replaced?
Thanks for any info.

/ Temp Gauge For Non-Deluxe TCs #3  
I have the TC18 gear, you can't get any plainer then this, and it has a temperature gauge. What model TC non deluxe doesn't have a temp. gauge? I really wish mine had an oil pressure gauge as well as a temp. gauge. I'll add the oil pressure when the warranty is gone.

/ Temp Gauge For Non-Deluxe TCs #4  
Fullthrottle, my parts manual lists two "sensor sender switches" for our tractors. As confusing as it is, here is the info:
Part # SBA385720101 for TC35, TC35D, TC40, TC45D
Part # SBA385720070 for TC40D, TC45D,

That's what the parts manual says. Notice there is no sending unit listed for a non-deluxe TC45. Is this a typo? If so, maybe the first part is for the non-deluxe and the second part for all the "D" models. If I get a chance later, I'll check my TC45D and give you an update if the part number is anywhere on the sending unit so you can compare it to your number./w3tcompact/icons/crazy.gif

35-83637-JimIBoomer.jpg

JimI

/ Temp Gauge For Non-Deluxe TCs #5  
Fullthrottle, I got a little more time and checked the repair manual's electrical circuit for the temperature gage. The repair manual shows an economy gage circuit and a deluxe gage circuit. The economy only has a switch for indicating high temperature and the deluxe has a thermistor which varies resistance to ground with temperature. That means your circuit is different. The parts listed in the parts manual are still confusing, but the repair manual certainly calls out a difference in the circuits. Now, if you wanted to put a temperature circuit into your tractor, it could be done by tapping into the same power location as the temperature switch and installing a separate gage. I'm not sure what effect that might have on your warranty though. I'd talk to my dealer first.

35-83637-JimIBoomer.jpg

JimI

/ Temp Gauge For Non-Deluxe TCs #6  
Thanks for the info... I'll go see the parts guy at my NH dealer and see if we can sort it out.

/ Temp Gauge For Non-Deluxe TCs #7  
When you do - LET ME KNOW - I want to do the same to my TC45 too. I haven't had time to do the research yet though, and won't til after the first of the year.
mike

/ Temp Gauge For Non-Deluxe TCs #8  
I am also interested to hear what you find out. I'm going to check with my dealer to see what he says about my TC35.

Sam - Tractorless in Big 'D'

/ Temp Gauge For Non-Deluxe TCs #9  
My dealer is about a hour away, so I'm not sure when I'll get a chance to get over his way with the holidays around the corner. When I get more info I'll post it. If any of you guys find out anything let us know.

/ Temp Gauge For Non-Deluxe TCs #10  
Talked with my dealer about getting the temp gauge for a non-D tractor. He said that you would have to change out the entire instrument panel, wire harness and sending unit./w3tcompact/icons/hmm.gif I guess buying an after-market gauge may be the easiest solution, but I still would prefer to use the factory gauge some how. When I get a little more time, maybe I'll look into the feasibility of modifying the instrument panel. I don't want to void the warranty though, so it may have to wait.

Anyone else come up with any information to the contrary?