Do NH part numbers "cross" to CaseIH part numbers?

/ Do NH part numbers "cross" to CaseIH part numbers? #1  

adlertom

Silver Member
Tractor
New Holland TC33DA hydro w/supersteer
I have a New Holland TC33DA, but have credit on my account at a local Case IH dealer. I would like to use my credit to purchase some filters for my New Holland tractor.

I assume I could use DX33 filters on my TC33 without a problem. Has anyone had a problem doing this?

I might need to cross reference my New Holland filter part numbers to Case IH part numbers. Can anyone advise what the correct Case IH numbers are? My NH filter numbers are:

fuel filter SBA360720020
hydraulic filter SBA340500890
oil filter SBA340500930
HST filter 86546618

/ Do NH part numbers "cross" to CaseIH part numbers? #2  
Why don't you just tell the Case dealer that you want all those filters for a DX33? I'm sure it would be just as hard to do a cross-reference as it would to just look up the filters.

/ Do NH part numbers "cross" to CaseIH part numbers?
jinman said:
Why don't you just tell the Case dealer that you want all those filters for a DX33? I'm sure it would be just as hard to do a cross-reference as it would to just look up the filters.

Yes, indeed. You have just restated my original question. I assume they're the same filters but I want to be absolutely sure.

/ Do NH part numbers "cross" to CaseIH part numbers? #4  
When I get filters for my Case DX35, they sometimes give me an NH filter. They said they were the same.

/ Do NH part numbers "cross" to CaseIH part numbers? #5  
SWB said:
When I get filters for my Case DX35, they sometimes give me an NH filter. They said they were the same.

Good news. One warning, don't let them tell you Hytran is the same as a NH Hydro fluid. It is not.

/ Do NH part numbers "cross" to CaseIH part numbers? #6  
Ah Ha! Finally someone seems to know something about these fluids. I've asked numerous times in the different forums as to whether HyTran Ultra is the same stuff used in the NH tractors and either didn't get an answer or couldn't get back here before it got lost in the lists.

Doc, do you have some numbers to compare the two? Are they specific to the tractors or can I use the NH fluid in my Case or vice versa? Case seems very picky about using only HyTran Ultra, not regular HyTran or HyTran Plus. The performance standard is MS 1209, the stuff is make or marketed by Akcela. They also sell a fluid meeting MS 1210 right next to the MS1209 at my dealership. The 1210 is good for a lower extreme ambient temperature.

I basically can't find anything that meets MS 1209 except for the same $10 per gallon price the dealer charges.

/ Do NH part numbers "cross" to CaseIH part numbers? #7  
daTeacha said:
Ah Ha! Finally someone seems to know something about these fluids. I've asked numerous times in the different forums as to whether HyTran Ultra is the same stuff used in the NH tractors and either didn't get an answer or couldn't get back here before it got lost in the lists.

Doc, do you have some numbers to compare the two? Are they specific to the tractors or can I use the NH fluid in my Case or vice versa? Case seems very picky about using only HyTran Ultra, not regular HyTran or HyTran Plus. The performance standard is MS 1209, the stuff is make or marketed by Akcela. They also sell a fluid meeting MS 1210 right next to the MS1209 at my dealership. The 1210 is good for a lower extreme ambient temperature.

I cheated and asked www.messicks.com. Then I bought some fluid at my local NH dealer and got the MSDS, and then call the manufacturer who then talked to the engineers/chemists who make the stuff, who then got the specs.

What I learned is that "Cheap" and "close" enough is good if you think saving 50 dollars on 15 gallons is worth the damage to parts of your tractor that depend on hydro fluid (eveything). I am always amazed at folks who will go "cheap" on a 20K tractor to save 50 dollars for hydro fluid that can last 300 hours. Same thing with saving 5 dollars buying a non-oem hydro filter. If saving 55 dollars cost me a repair on one hydro fluid dependent part, I would cry!

/ Do NH part numbers "cross" to CaseIH part numbers? #8  
adlertom said:
Yes, indeed. You have just restated my original question. I assume they're the same filters but I want to be absolutely sure.

Here is the problem with listing numbers.

Your original post listed these:
fuel filter SBA360720020
hydraulic filter SBA340500890
oil filter SBA340500930
HST filter 86546618

In an answer to your duplicate post in the Case/IH forum, Tractorman listed these filters:
Fuel FIlter Part # 87300040
HST Filter SBA340500890 (suggest using the Cold Weather Filter SBA340500980) The standard filter has been known to blow out around the gasket
Hydraulic Filter Part # 87300044
Engine Oil FIlter 87409203

Do you see the problem? You listed SBA340500890 as the "hydraulic filter" while Tractorman listed that as the "HST filter." I think you probably got your numbers confused while posting them. I did the same thing in a post several years ago. I posted numbers that had changed. My numbers were no good. That's why I said that I'd just ask my local Case dealer for the filters for a DX33 and let the parts guy figure it out. They have the latest info. Since the tractors are the same and made by the same company, you won't find any difference in the filters.

/ Do NH part numbers "cross" to CaseIH part numbers? #9  
So getting back to the hydraulic oil, how and why might the Case fluid be different from the NH fluid since the tractors are the same under the skin? Is the similarity only in the engines? I thought they were exactly alike except for the color and shape of the lights.

/ Do NH part numbers "cross" to CaseIH part numbers? #10  
daTeacha said:
So getting back to the hydraulic oil, how and why might the Case fluid be different from the NH fluid since the tractors are the same under the skin? Is the similarity only in the engines? I thought they were exactly alike except for the color and shape of the lights.

I asked the same question. Talked to the fine folks at messicks who made it clear that they are different. And when I went to the Case dealer and asked for specs, the NH spec was absent. That is all I had to know.
Bob