Backhoe Why Ford is better backhoe than the others

/ Why Ford is better backhoe than the others #1  

HKSawyer

Tractor
78 MF 275, 01 BX2200, JD LX277 Lawn tractor
According to a gentleman recently who wanted to sell me a Ford backhoe of some description, the Ford is superior Case, Cat, Deere, JCB. Why? Please see my other post about this in the Other John Deere section of this board, "TLBs -- Have some shavings in your Hyd. oil . . " I think you will enjoy it. I don't know if all that is true or it, but I felt it needed to be brought out here. The gentleman did a fine job of convincing me. He says Fords have a hyd. pump right underneath the reservoir, gravity fed. No failures. I think Case and Deere both have pumps in one place and the reservoir somewhere else. Case has wimply loader cylinders too. Deere changes their parts just about every year it seems. When you buy a starter for a Deere, you have to have the serial no. of the tractor, or you don't get the right one. Ford hasn't changed the starter he said in about thirty years. One will fit an 80s model just as a New Holland 555E. Now I don't think this is true for the motors in the new ones. But, anyway, my gut feeling is the gentelman is right. I like Ford, and I think I will go with one. Oh, but he got all bent out of shape about Fiat buying out New Holland. Says the company is known for junkiness and poor service.

Attachments

• 14-90210-Dcp_5860.jpg
    14-90210-Dcp_5860.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 165
   / Why Ford is better backhoe than the others #2  
I don't have any way of knowing what your needs are, what you plan on using it for, why you're considering buying a TLB, etc. but check out the thread titled "Goodbye Kubota, Hello EarthForce" in the "Other Brands" forum. You may see something of interest there, or you may not, but I'd be interested in hearing more about your application.

MarkC
ChalkleySig4.gif

/ Why Ford is better backhoe than the others
My needs are only for general farm use and landscaping, and very rarely at that. Tractors and hard work are stress relief for me, and this is the primary purpose of a loader backhoe. This will not be a daily working machine. It will sit much more than operate. Now I have begun to rethink the decision regarding Ford. I just don't know that it matters that much one or another. I read that EarthForce post awhile back, thanks. I want to stick with a sizeable machine in case I have some bigger needs and for resale.