16la loader

/ 16la loader #1  

Parfleche

Silver Member
Tractor
NH tc35a
Hello,
I am wondering if a loader should drop when it is sitting with the bucket at full altitude with the tractor off? Last night I had about 20 sheets of OSB plywood on the forks at maximum altitude. The bucket dropped a foot in about 5 or 6 minutes. I had removed half the sheets in that time period. Is that normal or do I have a problem? I had about 60 studs on it at about 3 feet above ground and the bucket lost altitude and also curled down at the same time, although it was much slower then the plywood event. Much appreciation in advance.

Best Regards,
Steve

/ 16la loader #2  
Parfleche said:
Hello,
I am wondering if a loader should drop when it is sitting with the bucket at full altitude with the tractor off? Last night I had about 20 sheets of OSB plywood on the forks at maximum altitude. The bucket dropped a foot in about 5 or 6 minutes. I had removed half the sheets in that time period. Is that normal or do I have a problem? I had about 60 studs on it at about 3 feet above ground and the bucket lost altitude and also curled down at the same time, although it was much slower then the plywood event. Much appreciation in advance.

Best Regards,
Steve

Mine uncurls when I park the tractor, but it takes several hours to notice it has moved. Never left it sitting with a load on it before.

/ 16la loader #3  
Yes, that is normal behavior for almost every CUT loader. That's why you have to be careful to leave your tractor running and "touch-up" the position periodically. It's also why the loader is not very good as a man-lift. Interestingly, the 3PH hydraulics are normally solid as a rock and can hold a round bale without a touch-up for several days.

/ 16la loader
Thanks Bob and Jim,
I guess I can't blame my wife or daughter for nudging the controls anymore! You ruined all my fun! On a second note our cattle dog named "Smelly" (real name "Dinky") to my surprise, climbed up an aluminum extension ladder to join us on the second floor! We had to carry her down though. What a surprise that was.

Best regards,
Steve

/ 16la loader #5  
Parfleche said:
Hello,

Best Regards,
Steve

Nearly all loaders will have some leak down. With a heavy load like you had, it will be more noticable. The leak down can be due to the cylinders or control valve. More likely the control valve. A foot in 5-6 minutes seems like a lot to me. I had a similar problem on my skid steer. Was due to bad O rings in the control valve. Now it is steady even with weight. The control valve in the skid steer is hard to get to and take out. The parts were $27 and the labor about $600!