TC-45 transmission split open

/ TC-45 transmission split open #11  
That doesn't look good... and as someone said before, there was damage erlier done to the housing before you tried to move the dirt pile. That one goes very deep into the pocket and I doubt it that NH is paying for it.

/ TC-45 transmission split open #12  
jinman said:
Hey Soundguy...
Did you notice that's a "GEAR" tractor? I guess we'll have to chalk this one up for the hydro guys.:D :D :p :rolleyes:

...sure would be easy to change the clutch when it's like that.;)

Darn straight... I also don't think it will be hard to align the input shaft with the disc's either.. seeing how uh.. short it now is.

That new clutch should have a loooong life!

Soundguy

/ TC-45 transmission split open #13  
WOW that would freak me out if I was driving that sucker. But is is replaceable and fixable. If the input shaft hadn't broke that's about a half a day job. A bit longer not.

Got any pictures of the tractor sitting there but with a wide angle?

/ TC-45 transmission split open #14  
Wow that's sick to look at. Hope it does not hurt too much to get that fixed!

/ TC-45 transmission split open #15  
jinman said:
Hey Soundguy...
Did you notice that's a "GEAR" tractor? I guess we'll have to chalk this one up for the hydro guys.:D :D :p :rolleyes:

...sure would be easy to change the clutch when it's like that.;)

gear tractors can get into more trouble!
Bob

/ TC-45 transmission split open #17  
I'm guessing he said lawsuit meaning he purchased the tractor used after someone else used the bh on it and broke it.

/ TC-45 transmission split open #18  
Why do I have feeling this thread will end up like this thead...TC33D Broke In Half

New poster only posting a couple replies and then nothing again with no updated photos.

/ TC-45 transmission split open #19  
TwinWillows said:
Wow that's sick to look at. Hope it does not hurt too much to get that fixed!

I hate when that happens.

Some day tractors will have a steel frame and modular parts. They're built from big fragile castings for no other reason than tradition.

/ TC-45 transmission split open #20  
have_blue said:
Some day tractors will have a steel frame and modular parts.

Bob It's my opinion that manufacturers aren't interested in longevity, they're interested in putting out a product as inexpensive as possible so that their profit is high.

Ever hear a manufacturer say, "This part costs more so we'll use it instead."