TC-45 transmission split open

/ TC-45 transmission split open #1  

RC1

:mad: The transmission on this 2004 tractor with 500 hours has broken open while moving a dirt pile with the loader. Had a rake on it, but it was used w/a Woods 9000 backhoe for about 250 hours. Looks like a lawsuit issue to me. The machine is off warranty. ANYONE SEEN THIS BEFORE!!???

Attachments

• broken tractor.jpg
    broken tractor.jpg
    967.3 KB · Views: 1,092
   / TC-45 transmission split open
The attached photo is showing completely screwed-up-don't know why.

/ TC-45 transmission split open #3  
Look at the rust on the break on the right side. Maybe it was cracked before and just decided to complete the break then. Was the backhoe a subframe or 3-pt?

/ TC-45 transmission split open #4  
tawilson said:
Look at the rust on the break on the right side. Maybe it was cracked before and just decided to complete the break then. Was the backhoe a subframe or 3-pt?

Your right. The rust indacates that part of the case has been cracked for some time by the amount of rust. If it was a 3 point backhoe that was used on the tractor that very well could have caused the cracked case.

/ TC-45 transmission split open #6  
That's going to hurt someones wallet. :(

/ TC-45 transmission split open #7  
Darn.. that's deffinately pas the JB weld stage ( joking.. )

I'd also like to hear more.. what backhoe mounting.. etc?

Soundguy

/ TC-45 transmission split open #8  
I agree, judging by the "old" look on the far side that was cracked for a while. Was there any fluid in it, How hard was it pushed into the dirt pile? how bad was it abused with the back hoe? Dont get me on the jury if its a law suit, warranty is up, so how can it be NH's responcability? even if it was in the warranty time/ hours period I would not count on them covering this repair. When you play hard stuff breaks, Was the machine left out side? could moisture have gotten int the crack and made matters worse?

/ TC-45 transmission split open #9  
Soundguy said:
Darn.. that's deffinately pas the JB weld stage ( joking.. )

I'd also like to hear more.. what backhoe mounting.. etc?

Soundguy

Hey Soundguy...
Did you notice that's a "GEAR" tractor? I guess we'll have to chalk this one up for the hydro guys.:D :D :p :rolleyes:

...sure would be easy to change the clutch when it's like that.;)

/ TC-45 transmission split open #10  
jinman said:
Hey Soundguy...
Did you notice that's a "GEAR" tractor? I guess we'll have to chalk this one up for the hydro guys.

That's ONE for Jim! :D