Bronze Member
    Tractor
    2009 John Deere 3032e HST, 1953 Ford Jubilee, 1963 Fordson Super Major, John Deere 40, Huskee Lawn Tractor

Default Fordson power steering fix

Hey there. I know this is a compact tractor forum but maybe you guys have some insight. We have a 1963 Fordson Super Major that we have in the shop to fix the power steering. Our mechanic replaced the pump and it only turns in one direction (powered). He thinks its the cylinder now and we would like to find a replacement. Called the new holland dealer and said he couldn't get something like that! Any other good sources for fordson parts?

Tractor
    Case-IH Farmall 45A, Kubota M8540 Narrow, New Holland TN 65, Bobcat 331, Ford 1920, 1952 John Deere M, Allis Chalmers B, Bombardier Traxter XT, Massey Harris 81RC and a John Deere 3300 combine, Cub Cadet GT1554

Default Re: Fordson power steering fix

Where abouts in WNY are you located? As for Fordson parts your best chance is to do a search online and ask some of the parts dealers who show up in the search as they might know who has some if they do not.

God must love stupid people; He made so many

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    2009 John Deere 3032e HST, 1953 Ford Jubilee, 1963 Fordson Super Major, John Deere 40, Huskee Lawn Tractor

Hey there neighbor. I just saw you're from Silver Creek. I'm up in the hills near Cassadaga. Thanks for the advice.

Tractor
    ym1700, NH7610S, Ford 8N, 2N, NAA, 660, 850 x2, 541, 950, 941D, 951, 2000, 3000, 4000, 4600, 5000, 740, IH 'C' 'H', CUB, John Deere 'B', allis 'G', case VAC

Quote Originally Posted by wnymudd
    Hey there. I know this is a compact tractor forum but maybe you guys have some insight. We have a 1963 Fordson Super Major that we have in the shop to fix the power steering. Our mechanic replaced the pump and it only turns in one direction (powered). He thinks its the cylinder now and we would like to find a replacement. Called the new holland dealer and said he couldn't get something like that! Any other good sources for fordson parts?
    Go to this forum:

Fordson Tractors Discussion Board

Ask for this fellow:

Majorman

He's aptly named. If it happened on, or near a major.. or has anything to do with a major.. he's -the- expert. ( iffn' he can't help ya.. you may be up that 'smelly brown creek'.. etc.. )

Soundguy

Tractor
    Case-IH Farmall 45A, Kubota M8540 Narrow, New Holland TN 65, Bobcat 331, Ford 1920, 1952 John Deere M, Allis Chalmers B, Bombardier Traxter XT, Massey Harris 81RC and a John Deere 3300 combine, Cub Cadet GT1554

So you are stuck in the middle of this Bucky mess then? I am fortunate that we are just outside the search area and the only time I see any State Troopers is at Denny's or at the Barracks.

God must love stupid people; He made so many

Bronze Member
    Tractor

Soundguy thanks I'll check it out. Robert in NY, yeah we are right in the middle of the muck. Just wish they'd catch the guy!! Hard to play outside with the kids with all the commotion going on. Last night we were at my folks for dinner and a neighbor of theirs was out shooting off fireworks... We gathered all the children and went to the basement. Then we saw they were fireworks in the sky. Too much excitement for everyone!! Some people!! Anyways thanks for the help.